We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ramayana vs Cartoon Network Waterpark

Frankfurt, Germany
1 post
Save Topic
Ramayana vs Cartoon Network Waterpark

Dear everyone,

my boyfriend and I are going to Thailand for the first time. We love waterparks, and are looking forward to going to an outdoor one, which we haven't done. We're both in our mid-late 20s, European, love thrilling rides, relaxation, and drinking cocktails in the pool.

We're definitely going down to Pattaya from Bangkok, probably spending 2 nights there in a hotel, and are planning to visit one of the big waterparks, Ramayana or Cartoon Network. Money is not really an object for this trip.

Which one of these parks do you recommend, what are the pros and cons for each?

I looked online, and it seems like Ramayana Park is larger, and has more "relaxation areas" and other stuff going on, but have not really found anything on the quality of the slides for adults in particular. The lazy river at Ramayana Park looks good, but cartoon network's slides look so appealing, and there are many more videos of their slides than Ramayana's slides online. Also, Cartoon Networks surf area does not seem to be reflected in Ramayana.

Any tips?

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Pattaya
Pattaya
Chonburi Province, Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
4 replies to this topic
Merseyside, United...
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ramayana vs Cartoon Network Waterpark

Little to chose between the two but lets get one thing out of the way immediately " Drinking cocktails by the pool this ins't going to happen at either of these places, water parks in Thailand are essentially children's playgrounds as they should be.

We go to both, Ramayana is only a short distance from our house but the kids and their friends prefer the longer journey to Cartoon Network which is a lot more busy and at times quite crowded where as Ramayana is less busy most of the time. I can't really comments on the rides as when we load up the car with son and daughter and various friends as soon as we get the the lads get changed and disappear somewhere, my wife settles into the rented cabana refusing to come out with the usual excuse "I was born browner not going to get any browner" I'm left with half a dozen of more 10 years old females who are happy to spend most of their time in the Megawave pool as long as I'm the one who pushes the inflatables around the pool lifting them in and out all day.

As I said nothing much between the two parks ,the one thing they have in common is that they are quite expensive by Thai standards especially for food as you can't take your own food or drinks in with you, they'll search you on the way in and take any any drinks you have.

Going by the comments of the experts namely son and his friends they rides are better in Cartoon Network I still haven't found out what goes on inside the huge globe which the lads love but from the state of them when they come out it somewhere I'm not intending to enter.

Mentioned in this post
Pattaya, Thailand
Level Contributor
38 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ramayana vs Cartoon Network Waterpark

You pretty much summed it up yourself. Ramayana has a poolside bar, and you can also order food and drink delivered to your cabana. Also cheaper than cartoon Network. But when it comes to thrills Cartoon Network probably has the scarier rides.

Merseyside, United...
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ramayana vs Cartoon Network Waterpark

Darren C I think the cabanas are better in Cartoon Network as they all have either fan or air-conditioning units, Ramayana just a bamboo hut really although as you say its cheaper but as I tend to be stuck outside in the sun most of the time it doesn't really matter. I think we both agree Cartoon Network is the better of the two

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,480 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ramayana vs Cartoon Network Waterpark

Thanks for the updates , great information

Reply to: Ramayana vs Cartoon Network Waterpark
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pattaya