We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bars for couples

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Bars for couples

Hi

Visiting Pattaya with my girlfriend for 5 nights in May and stopping at the siam@siam. Can anyone recommend some bars that are more catered for couples or don't have working girls present? I know it's not a city aimed at couples but we were attracted by the good prices for hotels. We are early 30s

12 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5,623 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bars for couples

I am not sure what you are expecting, but you both can sit in any bar. You won't know if they are working girls. I suggest sit in a bar, have a drink and talk to the girls, they are great fun.

Prachuap Khiri...
Level Contributor
5,213 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bars for couples

You can go to any, they're not judgemental.

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
16,051 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bars for couples

This hotel?

http://www.siamatpattaya.com/#floor25

http://www.siamatpattaya.com/contact-us/

It is not unusual to see (tourist) couples at beer bars and sometimes even in go-go bars. There are some beer bars that have seats that face the street giving you a good location for people watching. During day hours it is not unusual to see some family groups with children sitting at beer bars.

Malls have some places to drink at, take a look and decide. You can drink at an open air restaurant like Kiss Restaurant if you want and avoid beer bars and go-go bars. Your hotel will have a place to drink if you want to avoid the "hoi polloi."

Good luck.

* Oh yeah, don't worry about any of the "working girls" hitting on your girlfriend. Couples are usually ignored for anything other than serving drinks and sometimes friendly conversation.

Edited: 20 April 2017, 02:29
stockport
Level Contributor
2,033 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Bars for couples

Surprised you picked pattaya for cheap hotels then decide to stay at Siam Siam,

Don't worry most bars will more then welcome your baht, but there will be plenty of young and old ladies working in them

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
6,861 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bars for couples

What the others say above is correct. However I will try to answer your question with some recommendations.

Rosie O'Grady and Pig & Whistle on Beach Rd Soi 7. Gullivers on Beach Rd near Holiday Inn and just a short walk from your hotel. Butchers Arms on Bua Khao. The 'Irish' bar under Avani (previously Marriott) at Royal Garden - I forget the name. The Robin Hood upstairs in the Avenue complex on Second Road.

There will be others.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
6,861 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bars for couples

Just came to me......Dicey Reilly's.

None of the places I mention will have bar girls working, but that is not to say that you might not spot the odd opportunist 'freelancer' slowly drinking a glass of red wine, checking her smartphone and waiting for the chance to engage in conversation with a handsome foreigner. But you will be with your girlfriend, so no problem.

Edited: 20 April 2017, 10:51
Surrey
Destination Expert
for El Gouna
Level Contributor
1,553 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bars for couples

Hi

We are a couple in our 40's and have never felt uncomfortable in any Bar in Pattaya.. a few of our favourites are listed below.

Bodega Bar on 2nd road on corner of Soi 13/2 is popular and has nice band playing in evenings from 8pm.. happy hour during day till 7pm, lots of European couples drink here. Just along the road is Wonderful Bar which is similar to Bodega. 5 Star Bar on Beach Road is good for watching the sun set and has a nice atmosphere. Lovely Corner on Beach Road is also very nice and relaxed.

Gullivers on Beach Road by Holiday Inn is good for sport but avoid draft beers as they have made us ill twice so we now stick to bottled beers here.

If you like good live bands I recommend Rolling Live 3 on Soi 8, excellent music which starts approx 7pm.

Hope this helps.

Lisa

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,568 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Bars for couples

Have tried several bars, and haven't felt uncomfortable in any. I'd probably avoid ones you can't see in to! Also, one extra tick for the Five Star bar (from a ladies perspective) the toilet was quite decent.

England
Level Contributor
160 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bars for couples

As post 6 has said - Lovely Corner on the Beach Road at Soi 7 is very nice and relaxed and the band are very good. Bodega Bar, Wonderbar and Wonderful Bars have good bands playing all the Old Favorites, they are located on the Second Road near Soi 13.

Edited: 20 April 2017, 12:06
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bars for couples

Thanks everyone, I have been to Pattaya over 10 years ago as a single but am expecting a different holiday this time round. I'm more than happy in a beer bar however would be nice to get away from it at times.

We chose siam@siam as got a good deal at 2000 baht at night.

Reply to: Bars for couples
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted