We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bandara Resort or Centara Villas for family holiday in July

Hout Bay, South...
Level Contributor
49 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Bandara Resort or Centara Villas for family holiday in July

We are a family of 4 (daughter 14 and son 11) and are planning a first visit to Koh Samui in July. Three years ago we stayed at the HI in Patong and just loved it. My kids love to be near the shopping and vibe so I have booked Baan Chaweng for our first 5 nights. I would like to book a big resort with good pools for the second half of our trip and I think I have decided on either Bandara or Centara Villas; however I am still open to suggestions. This is the first time that we need to book 2 rooms on a holiday so am looking for value for money too. Any advice appreciated!

Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,332 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bandara Resort or Centara Villas for family holiday in July

Centara Villas might be too isolated and quiet for your kids. I think you'd better go for Bandara, it's near Fisherman's Village which is a great place to be.

dof
Chesterfield
Level Contributor
346 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bandara Resort or Centara Villas for family holiday in July

Hi Jen

We are going to Centara Villas. After looking at the reviews we chose it for the peace and quiet and the fact that we can easily go to the next villages for a bit more night life if we choose.

We have visit Thailand many times - Pattaya, Phuket, Bangkok - but we are now looking for something a little less vibrant. From what I have read about Centara Villas I think that your children may become very bored although there are the 3 pools and beach activities and hotel buses to the other villages.

We are going April - May so I will be able to tell you more whan we return - although you probably need to book before then.

Elina is the expert and I would definately go with her suggestions.

Hout Bay, South...
Level Contributor
49 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bandara Resort or Centara Villas for family holiday in July

Thanks for the advice. I feel like a kid in a candy store with all the amazing choices, but have now finally setltled on treating ourselves to a stay at Tongsai Bay. The fact that we can share a family suite makes it affordable for us and the reviews seem amazing. I have been very impressed with the communication I have had with the hotel. Thanks to the free use of hobie cats and kayaks, I am sure the kids will be more than satisfied. I know I will!

4. Re: Bandara Resort or Centara Villas for family holiday in July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 18:18