We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which tour at Elephant Nature Park for kids ages 7-12?

Truckee...
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Which tour at Elephant Nature Park for kids ages 7-12?

Hello,

We are going to Thailand in November and have heard great things about Elephant Nature Park. However, I can't find the best information that describes the different tours in detail. I have three kids ages 7, 9 and 12 and would like a tour that they will LOVE. There's so many to choose from. Thanks!!!

Mentioned in this post
Elephant Nature Park
Elephant Nature Park
9,594 Reviews
Chiang Mai, Thailand
2 replies to this topic
Reading, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Which tour at Elephant Nature Park for kids ages 7-12?

We took the ‘Elephant Freedom - Single Day’ trip last year with our kids (age 4 & 7). It was really great for all ages. It’s not set in the park but in the countryside so you get to see a bit of the rural landscape.

It was quite relaxed and with only one other family and a couple on the tour it felt very private.

You get to prepare the food for the elephants and hand feed them. Which was AMAZING fun. We all headed to a mud hole where the elephants had a drink, you can give them a drink with a hose - messy fun. Then you follow them down the river to give them a wash. And it was quite beautiful in the landscape with water buffaloes lounging about. Then you stand in the river and splash with the elephants.

You are given clothes to change into, including kids sizes. But bring shoes that can get muddy and wet.

You also get a very kid friendly lunch. And it was quite relaxed itinerary which was great so your not being rushed at all when your trying to get sun cream on everyone, go to the loo, get everyone changed etc....

Every elephant had a handler so I felt very safe with then kids around the big creatures.

The elephants seemed very cared for and relaxed.

It’s really hands on and my son still remembers it vividly despite being so little at the time.

I’m not sure what the park it’s self if like but I loved this ‘out in nature’ non-zoo feel.

Also book early, the dates go fast.

Edited: 08 July 2018, 08:41
Reading, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Which tour at Elephant Nature Park for kids ages 7-12?

We took the ‘Elephant Freedom - Single Day’ trip last year with our kids (age 4 & 7). It was really great for all ages. It’s not set in the park but in the countryside so you get to see a bit of the rural landscape.

It was quite relaxed and with only one other family and a couple on the tour it felt very private.

You get to prepare the food for the elephants and hand feed them. Which was AMAZING fun. We all headed to a mud hole where the elephants had a drink, you can give them a drink with a hose - messy fun. Then you follow them down the river to give them a wash. And it was quite beautiful in the landscape with water buffaloes lounging about. Then you stand in the river and splash with the elephants.

You are given clothes to change into, including kids sizes. But bring shoes that can get muddy and wet.

You also get a very kid friendly lunch. And it was quite relaxed itinerary which was great so your not being rushed at all when your trying to get sun cream on everyone, go to the loo, get everyone changed etc....

Every elephant had a handler so I felt very safe with then kids around the big creatures.

The elephants seemed very cared for and relaxed.

It’s really hands on and my son still remembers it vividly despite being so little at the time.

I’m not sure what the park it’s self if like but I loved this ‘out in nature’ non-zoo feel

Reply to: Which tour at Elephant Nature Park for kids ages 7-12?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted