We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with hotel

Level Contributor
195 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Help with hotel

Hey dudes and dudettes. Sadly i recently received an email from the hotel i had booked in Chiang Mai to say they cannot accommodate me as the room i had booked was booked out. They apologised and gave a refund so iam now searching for a new hotel to book. The problem is iam finding it difficult to find somewhere suitable now as we will be arriving in a few weeks and it seems most places are booked out.

Wondering if you guys could suggest some nice hotels. I really like the panviman photos but it seems a bit too far out of the way so iam looking for something more central. Preferably with nice views wether it be city views or mountain views is fine etc Balcony also preferable and my gf is keen on a really nice swimming pool.

We stay 4 nights and our budget is 400euro which should be the equivalent to around 500 dollars.

Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks

8 replies to this topic
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
148 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with hotel

We stayed at the Anantara last year which was really lovely - if you can get a deal it should be within budget. This year we have booked the Tamarind Village which doesn't have views but is quirky and central to everything.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
11,487 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with hotel

https:/…REVIEWS

https:/…REVIEWS

You might find the above of interest and should be within budget, both are in the old city

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
10,385 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with hotel

Try Kate and Hasu. Central, modern, small pool and has a nice roof level deck with views and comfy chairs.

Caroline.

Level Contributor
195 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with hotel

Checked out the anantara and it's coming in at over 3 times my budget. Way too expensive and doesn't look worthy enough of the price. Currently looking up some other options as we speak

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
8,996 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with hotel

If it was me I would look at Raming lodge.

If I am correct you are there in November for Yee Ping so room are not cheap.

Chok dee

Level Contributor
195 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help with hotel

I'll be in Chiang Mai in mid August. Green tiger looks interesting. Great reviews etc Price is extremely cheap though which sometimes make me a little skeptical. I know it's silly but i tend to psychologically think that more money equals nicer hotel etc

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
1,807 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help with hotel

Go to Booking.com and use the search filters to select your preferences.

You'll find out where there are available rooms far more quickly than posting in the forum.

Level Contributor
195 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help with hotel

Got sorted guys. Thanks!

Reply to: Help with hotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted