We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bangkok Bucks

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Bangkok Bucks

Hi there guys...

I am going to bangkok for my bucks night with 5 or 6 other gentlemen. The bucks will be held during Wednesday the 28th of March and Thursday the 29th of March. On Friday we meet up with the girls and fly to Krabi Island where the wedding will be on Rawi Warin Resort at Koh Lanta.

I would like to know where you would recommend we stay while in Bangkok for the 2 nights of the bucks. Initially I was thinking Lebua at State tower or Tower club at Lebua (please feel free to let me know the difference). However they have recently had some negative reviews and they appear to be away from the nightlife.

Activities will include lots of drinking, so bars and clubs will need to be in the vicinity. Perhaps even if we can go see some Muay thai and even a dirty show (something we can tell the ladies about).

I guess price is not too much of an issue because it is a special occasion but reasonably priced would be beneficial. (4 or 5 star). Would also like the hotel to have some wow factor as every evening will start off in the hotel bar for drinks.

What area should I be looking in when deciding my hotel? Siam or sukhumvit. (apologies if I do not know what I am talking about so please correct me if I have it all wrong)

Thanks heaps guys, appreciate the help.

Adelaide
Level Contributor
103 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bangkok Bucks

Gday Plop, my family stayed at the Novotel Siam Square which seemed very central to everything( although I didnt get to indulge in having any frothies with a 3 year old in tow). There is I believe a nightclub underneath the hotel. Hotel had great breakfast, which is necessary after a big night out, and is also very clean and reasonbly priced.

Enjoy

Matt

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bangkok Bucks

Thanks Matt.

I hope to book something early next week. Will see if anyone else has advise as well. Drinking will definitely occur, on a heavy yet controlled basis ;)

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
22,379 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bangkok Bucks

Hi,

The earlier Soi's on Sukhumvit will probably suit you. What do you mean by BUCKS ?

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bangkok Bucks

Pre-wedding men's party, different name for the same thing in different countries.

Low numbered Sois in Sukhumvit as Andy suggests, or around Silom and Suriwong Roads. (A soi is a side street with a number rather than a name).

Glitz Hotel, Le Meridien, Triple Two Silom, Dusit Thani, are a few suggestions in the latter area.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
30,843 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bangkok Bucks

>>What do you mean by BUCKS ?<<

Also known as Stag Night (UK) or Bachelor Party (US). Last night out with your mates as a single guy.

There was a movie about one in Bangkok recently :-)

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
22,379 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bangkok Bucks

Thanks bbtony and USBusinessTraveller for the explanations. I need some lessons on Ozzi English.

Edited: 20 January 2012, 08:35
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bangkok Bucks

Haha I liked the LIT hotel but am unsure of the location?

Thanks for the input, keep it coming :)

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bangkok Bucks

Bbtony: I'll check these hotels... Thanks. They are very nice hotels?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
9,765 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bangkok Bucks

est advice on the drinking and......shows....is stay well away from the patpong go go bars particularly those upstairs as they are mostly "clip joints" I would suggest either Soi Cowboy near Asok or Nana Plaza near Nana sky train. Plenty of good ad reasonable hotels nearby both. Soi Cowboy is a pedestrianised street which does rather lend itself to a bar crawl if that was smething you had in mind!

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,661 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bangkok Bucks

Hi

I've been to an excellent such type function that was hosted by Q-Bar as well.. I know they can arrange such and have excellent staff..

Travel Safe.