We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best way to send extra baggage to australia

Cairns, Australia
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
best way to send extra baggage to australia

does anyone know the best and cheapest way to send excess baggage back to Bangkok to Cairns,Australia?

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
8,996 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best way to send extra baggage to australia

Hi alan

I have sent items back by post. It would depend on how much and what you want to send back.You can send it by sea ,air offpeak or Air. max weight is 20 Kgs per box. Customs in Australia do open them,so ensure you do not have anything you should not bring in. If you search this forum you will find a link to Thai Post and rates. I have found the post office quite easy to use and it always arrive back here.I have seen places like DHL in Thailand , however I found the post was a little bit cheaper. I think the 20 Kg Box by sea was about 65.00 AUD and it took8 weeks to arrive.A cople of years ago I sent Item by the offpeak Air and they took just over 2 weeks to arrrive.

Kind Regards

2. Re: best way to send extra baggage to australia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 07:16