We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

On arrival visa - reg.

VELLORE
1 post
On arrival visa - reg.

I went to bankok from Bangalore two weeks back and I got my on arrival visa from Bankok Airport. Let me know he same procedure can be followed from chennai to Bankok?

Cebu Island...
Level Contributor
780 posts
61 reviews
1. Re: On arrival visa - reg.

i should think so...your visa is for your entry into bangkok regardless of where you are coming from.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: On arrival visa - reg.

Hi,

Could someone tell me how long it will take to obtain Visa-on-arrival? I will be landing at 6.15am. Will they give me application form at immigration counter itself or should i carry one?

Tomorrow i am flying from Chennai to BKK. So, a quick reply would help.

Bangkok, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,841 posts
71 reviews
3. Re: On arrival visa - reg.

Hi,

sudhakar n,

"Could someone tell me how long it will take to obtain Visa-on-arrival? I will be landing at 6.15am. Will they give me application form at immigration counter itself or should i carry one?"

It's really "hit or miss" in terms of how long.. A large part of the time will be how many people are in queue/line before you and how complete- or not- is their applications.. Overall, I've found it's takes about :30 to :40.. but again, it really depends on the workload in front of you.

The other issue in play right now.. and it's unique to the current conditions in the greater Bangkok area.. The Thai Immigration service staffing is stretched very thing with some officers not able to get to work due to flooding at their homes, or have been granted emergency leave to attend to this issue..

The director of the Customs and Immigration services did say that their #1 priority would be processing departing passengers-- to avoid airline delayed due to passengers not being able to clear outbound inspection timely.. The #2 priority will be the arriving passengers.. and the #3 priority is things like visa on arrival..

So, do know that IF there are staffing shortages on the day and time of your arrival, that the VOA station will be one of the lower properties.. this will obviously mean longer wait times.. but again, we don't know when this will happen.. but just know this is a short-term issue that's out there.

My suggestion is that if you're making some form of onward connection or have some time sensitive things you need to do after arrival in BKK, if possible, I'd try to get my visa from a Thai Embassy/Consulate in advance..-- just to be sure.

Travel Safe,

4. Re: On arrival visa - reg.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 22:16