We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Koh samui for over 50's

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
24 reviews
Save Topic
Koh samui for over 50's

We are going to Mantra Samui Resort in Bophut and wondered if this was suitable for over 50's? It is our first time to Thailand and it seems to be for younger people!

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Koh samui for over 50's

Hi

I'm not so sure what you mean by only young people. Just one thing though the resort are up high on hill so if you have a problem with knees or legs could be a challenge. Also the resort is not beach front the photos is a bit deciving you will need to walk up and down to beach.

The resort is in quiet area away from all the party scenes. The closet to you for more restaurants or bars is bohut ( fihserman village).

The reviews are very impressive for its service I guess that's made up for location.

If you think you wan to be on beach front( or close to it) with easy access to bars and restaurants perhaps look in to around fisherman village instead. The fihserman village still has a villagies feels laid back and plenty of places to choose form.

Just my thought:)

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
3,722 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Koh samui for over 50's

Thailand and Samui are definitely not just for younger people. I am late 40's, hubby is 60 and we still love it. There really is something for every age group.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Koh samui for over 50's

It would be a shame not to choose a resort beachfront in Samui, I wouldn't worry about the age of the other guests you'll see a wide range at all the hotels.

4. Re: Koh samui for over 50's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2014, 05:18