We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bhutan holiday: flights, travel agencies and other questions

Singapore
Level Contributor
276 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Bhutan holiday: flights, travel agencies and other questions

My friends and I are planning a trip to Bhutan in July. We'll be flying from Singapore and Hong Kong separately. In terms of flights, anyone has recommendations on how to go about the route, since there aren't direct flights from either Singapore or HK to Bhutan?

I probably should do more other research but a quick question: is July also a good time to visit?

And can we only arrange our holiday with local travel agencies in Bhutan? Thanks.

Thimphu, Bhutan
Level Contributor
149 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bhutan holiday: flights, travel agencies and other questions

Dear Christinaz,

There is no direct flight from singapore to Bhutan as of now but this is also an info that from september there is Drukair flying directly to singapore and to Bhutan. Best way to Bhutan from Singapore or hongkong would be either fly to BKK or to Delhi and to Bhutan whichever is comfy for you.

July is rainy season in Bhutan and maynot be good for trekking but cultural tour will be fine.

Yes you have to arrange your tour through agent in Bhutan,whereby they will arrange your tickets and your visa,you also have to inform them about your interest and accordingly they will program your itinerary with all the necessary details of your choice.

Happy trip to Bhutan.

Singapore
Level Contributor
276 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bhutan holiday: flights, travel agencies and other questions

Thanks for your reply!

Would you have any Bhutan travel agency to recommend?

SEA
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bhutan holiday: flights, travel agencies and other questions

We used Sakten, they were absolutely wonderful. www.bhutanhimalayas.com

Amsterdam, Holland
Destination Expert
for Bhutan
Level Contributor
2,821 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bhutan holiday: flights, travel agencies and other questions

You can have a look at the trip reports, in the right upper part of this page, in the top questions section. There you'll find many recommendations for local agents. Even if you use an agent in your country, he has to deal with a local agent, so better deal with the local directly. It all can be done by mail.

The best port for your flight would be Bangkok, I think.

And July is monsoon time, so rather rainy. It still can be done, but take the rain into your programme. If you'd like treks, prefer other months, best are March-April and October-November.

Edited: 01 April 2012, 18:30
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bhutan holiday: flights, travel agencies and other questions

Hi Christinaz I've just returned to Malaysia from Bhutan. I used Bhutan Ecotours which has an office in Singapore. If you want the contact details, please contact me directly.

6. Re: Bhutan holiday: flights, travel agencies and other questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 20:40