We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hospital and doctor

Lakeville, Minnesota
1 post
Save Topic
hospital and doctor

Hello, I am looking for a Unity Hospital in Lagos Nigeria with a doctor by the name of Dr Thomas Brown. He called me a week ago and told me that my friend(that I met online) was in a car accident and that he was the doctor. he has not been specific with his answers to the questions I have been asking him. Im thinking that i am being scammed not only by the doctor but by my so called friend. can anyone shed some light for me on this. i would appreciate it very much....

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
3,329 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: hospital and doctor

Of course you are being scammed, this routine is getting as old as the hills!

Just take a little time to read (most) of the posts on this forum, This "friend" you met on line will be running several scams at the same time, all at diferent stages, so thet get a steady income! Stop communicating. dont answer mails/phone calls. whatever you do DONT SEND ANY MONEY

Ivan

Kuala Lumpur...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: hospital and doctor

Hello, is there a hospital named Makanaky Health Care at Osogbo, Osun State and the doctor in-charge is Doctor Mike Smith.

Please help me to wakeup from confusion

Angeline

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
3,329 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: hospital and doctor

Angeline, you are being set up for a scam, even if the hospital exists, (not listed) and even if this "Dr." exists, there is nothing to prove that the person who is contacting you is actually genuine. Are there E mails from a dedicated address, or a common service like G mail, hotmail, yahoo mail etc. or calls from a mobile(cell) telephone (starting with 23480 or 23490) , if so then it’s DEFINITELY A SCAM, a genuine hospital will have a dedicated e mail address, and a land line phone number.

Are they asking for money to be sent via Western Union, or Moneygram? Then its DEFINITELY A SCAM. Run for your life! DON’T answer, delete e mail addresses, if necessary change e mail address and phone number. These people are ruthless, and will take you for every penny you have and more.

Ivan

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
12,474 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hospital and doctor

I have wrote this many times.

The accident in hospital play is usually at the tail end of a scam.

This is when your online friend has tried to milk you of money using other means, like can't pay hotel bills, lost laptop, BTA fees, airtickets..etc

The person is usually on his way to see you (eg heading to the airport). Since its a scam he can't arrive right? So he gets into an accident on the way to the airport, and a doctor calls you since your name is mentioned when he is semi comatose and asks you to pay the medical fees.

Instead of using a dedicated email eg kenny.lee@mercyhospital.com.ng, they use drkennylee@gmail.com

read www.romancescams.org

5. Re: hospital and doctor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2012, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Nigeria