We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visas for Irish passport holders

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3,990 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Visas for Irish passport holders

The cost for a single entry visa for Irish passport holders is quoted as USD68, but the cost for a multiple entry visa is only USD12. Is this true and if so why would anyone want a single-entry? Are there any extra requirments for a multiple entry eg does the letter of invitation need to refer to this?

ada
cardiff
Level Contributor
1,190 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visas for Irish passport holders

I think there may be a typo on your info source as for brits (nigerian embassy in london) the multiple entry costs about twice as much (about £120).

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3,990 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visas for Irish passport holders

I thought there was a typo, but if you complete the online application those are also the fees requested to be paid via google checkout.

ada
cardiff
Level Contributor
1,190 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visas for Irish passport holders

dunno then, if you can get a multiple entry for less money then go ahead. Acquaintance def paid more than £100 for british passport multiple entry recently and the whole lot has to be sent or taken to the Nigerian Embassy in London when applying over here (there was no google checkout whatever that is? or online application - though there is supposed to be an internet upgrade of some sort coming in the future, at present you can only download/print off the forms to fill in)

Mentioned in this post
London
London
England, UK
ada
cardiff
Level Contributor
1,190 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visas for Irish passport holders

checked and you do seem to have access to the NIS online application portal in Ireland though I havent checked fees, however it isnt as straightforward as it looks as you still have to print off all the info you generate from the online application then go to the embassy in Dublin and pay some more money - link - http://www.nigerianembassy.ie/visa.html

Good luck!

Edited: 14 February 2010, 17:46
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3,990 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visas for Irish passport holders

I have since obtained the visa, returned from Nigeria and can confirm that this does work. However although I paid for the cheaper multiple entry visa I was granted a single entry - but that was all I was wanting. The cost was USD12 for the visa, plus EUR40 postal order plus a postal order fee of EUR2.10. So a total cost of around GBP46 which is significantly cheaper than using a British passport. In face if you are British and also entitled to an Irish passport it is worth getting one as visa fees are usually cheaper and it will pay for itself.

However what they don't tell you on the website is that it takes 2 workingd days for them to process the visa. If it is not convenient to return to Dublin they can return the passport by post if you provide a self addressed registered envelope. Take a note of the tracking number and be prepared to call to make sure they post it. So allowing an extra EUR6 for that.

Edited: 30 March 2010, 16:52
Mentioned in this post
Nigeria
Nigeria
Africa
Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visas for Irish passport holders

When I applied for my first STR visa at the Nigerian HC in London, I do recall that the fees for Irish Nationals were significantly lower than those for Brits.

Mentioned in this post
London
London
England, UK
7. Re: Visas for Irish passport holders

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Nigeria
;