We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overnight connection and ticket doesn't qualify for hotel

California
Level Contributor
187 posts
28 reviews
Overnight connection and ticket doesn't qualify for hotel

Hello

We are overnight transiting through ADD via Ethopian airline. I called them and they said my airline ticket doesn;t qualify for free hotel.

I read in forum that if airline provides hotel, no need for visa and they will take you in minivan to hotel.

Does it mean for me, I have to get a visa, book a hotel, arrange drop-off/pick-up from hotel? Seems much hassle.

Any other option? Airline is not helpful in answering any of these questions. Also they mentioned even if my tocket qualified for a hotel, they can not gurantee availability.

Thanks

angel

Addis Ababa...
Destination Expert
for Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Level Contributor
5,584 posts
84 reviews
1. Re: Overnight connection and ticket doesn't qualify for hotel

1.Which office are you dealing with ?

2. How long is the gap between flights ?

3. What time do you arrive/depart ?

Let me have these details then i will advise you .....

Send a personal message if u prefer.

California
Level Contributor
187 posts
28 reviews
2. Re: Overnight connection and ticket doesn't qualify for hotel

1) I called Ethopian 800 toll free number. So don't know exact office

2) It's about 14 hours

3) Flight reaches ADD at 8:50 PM and connection is next day morning at 10:20 AM

Thank you

Angel

Addis Ababa...
Destination Expert
for Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Level Contributor
5,584 posts
84 reviews
3. Re: Overnight connection and ticket doesn't qualify for hotel

Hi thanks.

Ethioipian airlines toll free numbers usually put you through to a call centre in India where, bless them, the staff dont have a clue about on the ground realities in Addis.

try the real US office .......703 682 0569 have taken this from their inflight magazine

email etusa@ethiopianairlines.com

IF you get no joy there my advice is contact Addis Guest House - quite near airport with free pick up and book there. Molla Guest house is THE nearesty airport but upmarket prices.

OR if you want to pay more Addis Regency Hotel - but that is very long way from airport but very very efficient.

For budget try Mr Martin Cozy Place.

All these have websites.

Either way you need a transit visa to leave airport.

If i can help any more send me a p.m.

4. Re: Overnight connection and ticket doesn't qualify for hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 21:17