We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Impact of recent border conflict

Greenwich (London)
Level Contributor
1,352 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Impact of recent border conflict

Has the recent flaring up of the border conflict had much impact in Asmara? Is the opinion here that Asmara has or has not not become less safe for Europeans and Americans over the past year or so?

I've been meaning to get to Asmara for the last few years, but never quite made it. I might make it this year, but I confess to being slightly concerned about reports that the current kidnapping of British diplomats in Ethiopia may have been by Afar "rebels" crossing the brorder from Eritrea.

Esu
Toronto
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Impact of recent border conflict

Asmara is one of the safest cities in africa. The British diplomats were kidnapped by an afar rebels from Ethiopia. So if you want to visit Eritrea summer is the best time.

UAE
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Impact of recent border conflict

Asmara an old and beautiful city is the safest city in the world. So have no fear. Just go there and you will remember your stay there forever.

Have a good journey.

Peace.

3. Re: Impact of recent border conflict

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 18:20
Get answers to your questions about Asmara
More Asmara Topics