We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malaria Yellow Fever

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
44 posts
50 reviews
Malaria Yellow Fever

Hi, Have just read advice on Malaria Medication in forum is there anything else we need?

Safaris in Kruger Timbavatti and Sabi Sands then visiting Vic Falls. DO we need yellow fever

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
89 posts
85 reviews
1. Re: Malaria Yellow Fever

Short and quick answer, no. No yellow fever risk in Zimbabwe.

Chelmsford, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Malaria Yellow Fever

Ive seen something about needing a certificate for yellow fever in order to cross the border. Can anyone help me with this ?

Dusseldorf, Germany
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Malaria Yellow Fever

You used to need on when travelling from Zambia to South Africa. But I've been informed that it is no longer necessary. Having said that, I would still get one based on my experience in Tanzania. Oficially you don't need one when travelling from mainland to Zanzibar but arbitrarily they sometimes still require it and demand vaccinations on spot or you won't be able to travel on.

I know these are different places but still, I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Victoria Falls...
Destination Expert
for Victoria Falls
Level Contributor
942 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: Malaria Yellow Fever

Yellow fever is 100% NOT needed when travellling between South Africa, Zambia and Zimbabwe

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
4,847 posts
13 reviews
5. Re: Malaria Yellow Fever

Yellow Fever jab not needed. Don't get the shot because of what goes on in Tanzania. Tanzania is in a class of its own when it comes to confusion about the jab. But that's got nothing to do with your trip.

6. Re: Malaria Yellow Fever

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2016, 06:17