We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi and mobile phone advice

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
14 reviews
Taxi and mobile phone advice

I’m a female who will be travelling to VF alone next month. I’d like to know how easy it is to get around by taxi? Can you just flag taxis in the street or do you need to phone and pre-book them?! Also, how easy is it to get a SIM for my mobile phone? Is there a specific network that’s recommended? TIA.

5 replies to this topic
Victoria Falls...
Level Contributor
232 posts
1. Re: Taxi and mobile phone advice

You can get a Sim card at the airport by the econet shop or in town. It costs fifty cents to get a Sim card and they only need a copy of your passport.

Getting around VICTORIA FALLS it's also easy, either you walk depending on the time and distance. Taxis can be flagged or booked or picked from their respective parking. Booking also gives you an advantage.

Level Contributor
20 posts
2. Re: Taxi and mobile phone advice

Getting around the VF is very easy as most hotels are close to the city center. You can flag taxis any time you want but if you want to feel safer ask the hotel staff to recommend the taxi to use. I am sure they might have previous travelers who used that mode of transport.

Otherwise if you will be doing any activities there, tour operators usually give free transfers to and from the activities.

There are also various mobile operators although i would recommend you use Econet, they have a reliable data plan. You will only need a copy of your passport and $0,50 for that and you are good to go.

So just don't worry about maneuvering the city and enjoy your trip.

Victoria Falls...
Level Contributor
136 posts
3. Re: Taxi and mobile phone advice

Hi, it will be easy & more safe to make a pre booking so that you have someone whom you can build up trust & get used to her/him. Then you will find it easy to drive around with someone who is like a friend & you get all the help you might need. You can as well get a taxi in town & drive around it's easy also.

Getting a Sim card is not a problem as long as your cell phone is open to use any Sim card.

You are welcome.

My Way Taxis Victoria Falls Zimbabwe.

Nova Scotia
Destination Expert
for Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
14,242 posts
172 reviews
4. Re: Taxi and mobile phone advice

What is the minimum money you would have to put on your SIM? We will only be there 3+ days and I had not considered getting a SIM but if the cost is low it might be worthwhile.

Victoria Falls...
Level Contributor
136 posts
5. Re: Taxi and mobile phone advice

Hello, that would depend on how you use your cell. If you make local calls the minimum would be $5 but if you make international calls that will be more that $5.

You are welcome.

My Way Taxis VF Zimbabwe.

Reply to: Taxi and mobile phone advice
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Victoria Falls