We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

volunteering near victoria falls

seattle
1 post
1 review
volunteering near victoria falls

We have just two days in Victoria Falls. We would love to volunteer with children, hospitals, or animals. We will not have a car. Any suggestions on how we might help?

5 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
823 posts
41 reviews
1. Re: volunteering near victoria falls

I dont think anywhere will do 2 day volunteer stuff....

Most I looked into was 2+ weeks...

By the time you are inducted and start to learn, its time to leave....

United States
Level Contributor
1,119 posts
68 reviews
2. Re: volunteering near victoria falls

Volunteering often requires something other than a tourist visa and more than 2 days. There is a new orphanage in Zambia that is about an hours drive from the falls. If you get the uni visa on arrival, you can always visit there for a while. I am sure there must be similar places on the Zim side that you could visit without actually volunteering. You could visit a school and bring them school supplies. This also would not require you to actually be volunteering. You can take a look at "pack for a purpose" if you want to help out with supplies.

london
Destination Expert
for Zambia, Selous Game Reserve, Ruaha National Park
Level Contributor
5,860 posts
3. Re: volunteering near victoria falls

I am not aware of any volunteer work that would be vaguely useful for just 2 days.

I know that there is a half day experience you can do with the Victoria Falls anti poaching unit- learning about what they do, and joining them on an anti-poaching patrol. I am sure they would be grateful for any donation of money or find out in advance what they might need and bring it with you. Last year, I did a trip in Mana Pools where our guide organised something similar- we made donations and they bought things locally that were needed by the anti poaching unit, but one of the ladies in our group also brought some other items with her.

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
4. Re: volunteering near victoria falls

Its very possible I did my 1day at "Cry of Hope" a Orphanage my travel agent organized it for me.

So I think 2days you will get something. Provide you are in a group.

Good luck

Level Contributor
12 posts
11 reviews
5. Re: volunteering near victoria falls

its possible to volunteer either at the paediatric ward or the orphanage / old age home for 2 days,

Reply to: volunteering near victoria falls
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted