We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In Sousse

Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
In Sousse

Well we are getting through our second day in Sousse. We arrived around midday yesterday. If you are staying at the Scheherazade you are in for a treat. The hotel is lovely... food is to die for. Staff all pleasant especially Hedi who is customer service manager.

The weather has been warm since we have arrived although a little blustery. It hasn't put us off sunbathing and even took a dip in our heated pool today. A bit cold for the other pool so far. We have booked two excursions to the zulu night at El Djem. Plan on taking a taxi to the marina in Port El-Kantaoui and the medina at Sousse. No sign of any trouble apart from security and police at check points along road from airport. Security also in our hotel complex positioned at the beach. We have had a couple of locals trying to sell us stuff on the beach but a no thank you and they are soon on their way.

Level Contributor
4,795 posts
10 reviews
1. Re: In Sousse

Great to hear Fiona.

Enjoy yourself 😊

Julie

Devon
Level Contributor
61 posts
104 reviews
2. Re: In Sousse

Glad to hear your having a good time, we are going to stay at the hotel in 5 weeks time, interested to know about taxi's, excursions etc.

Any other tips would be welcome.

Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
3. Re: In Sousse

Second day for me as well I'm in raidh palms ...everything is great walked into the madina yester afternoon cam back around 8 pm. .felt safer then when I was here 2010

9 posts
4. Re: In Sousse

Fantastic post Fiona,

My wife and I will be arriving on Wednesday. We are hoping for a relaxing stay with sunshine so keep us posted on tomorrows weather. Relaxing by the pool sounds good with a few trips to break up the week. Hope your having a good time and thank you for the post.

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
4,245 posts
21 reviews
5. Re: In Sousse

We are in Sousse also since sunday after driving here from Belgium in our car.

Police and army controle on the round abouts is like it always was for the last few years.

We went to town yesterday to get our paperwork for the car stamped and live was a normal as it could be.

Keep in mind 99,9 % of the Tunisians are people that only want one thing: having a good job, a nice live and a good future for their children and grandchildren...

Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: In Sousse

We headed in to Port El-Kantaoui today by taxi

If getting a taxi use the plain yellow one not the yellow with blue stripe taxis. Agree your price before getting in and if not make sure the meter is reset and on the right tariff. We have had no issues with taxi men. We also attempted to walk from our hotel to sousse medina along the beach. We got bombarded by looky looky men and some who would just not take no for an answer and were even trying to get in to my husbands wallet. We turned back becausebof this and we will jump in a taxi to sousse next time. Other than that we have had no problems. Loving it here. Weather is still warm and windy buy no rain since we arrived. Good day everyone :)

Edited: 01 April 2015, 14:48
Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
4,245 posts
21 reviews
7. Re: In Sousse

Yeh, the men on the beach (and on the promenade) that try to sell you something or change a pound coin to dinars and meanwhile try to pinch money out of your wallet are and annoying phenomene ...

I have reported them already twice to the police and also to the security of a hotel but it seems there are always new ones.

Just be firm and never get your wallet out when walking along the beach or promenade. There is nothing you need it for and it saves problems afterwards

8. Re: In Sousse

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2016, 05:16