We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One Resort Aqua Park, Monastir

Thornaby on Tees...
Destination Expert
for Port El Kantaoui
Level Contributor
3,258 posts
88 reviews
One Resort Aqua Park, Monastir

Just back from the hotel,

Any questions,

Fire away,

alan

8 replies to this topic
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
13,149 posts
14 reviews
1. Re: One Resort Aqua Park, Monastir

Good for you.

Tell us about the floods !!!

Seriously though, a question often asked is.

"what is near the hotel" In terms of shops/restaurants.

I take it you popped into town (Monastir) for a wander

Was it busy ?

Or are people mostly staying at the hotel resorts?

Slainte

Mick

Edited: 08 August 2018, 13:58
Thornaby on Tees...
Destination Expert
for Port El Kantaoui
Level Contributor
3,258 posts
88 reviews
2. Re: One Resort Aqua Park, Monastir

Hi Mick,

No floods when we were there but a couple of thunder storms, they don't last long, not a lot of rain though and they still put towel's on the sunbeds round the pool in the rain, ( funny to watch them )

The hotel is in the middle of Sousse and Monastir at Skanes, opposite the salt lake's and nothing for miles apart from a garage,

The little train that the One Resort's runs is 10td & 8td return, they pick up at the One Resort Hotel as it passes going to Monastir, drop's of outside of the Medina in the town, runs at 9am and returns at 12 noon, then at 2pm and returns at 5pm, about 45 min's, great fun,

A bus to Sousse is 2td but you could pay 1td, it depends on the pay desk at the rear of the bus where you get on, off at the front, ( an experience to behold in an overcrowded/hot bendy bus ), stops at the bus station outside of the Medina near the Soula Centre, the same bus stop on the return journey but you have to fight and shove your way on, no body queue's over there when it comes to buses, as the bus empty's make your way to the front, no bell,

Bus stop's right outside of the hotel, (don't forget the drive on the wrong side of the road)

We thought Monastir was better than Sousse for shopping, two good supermarket's, Monoprix and Magsin General ( M&G ) as it is now known, a large shopping centre belonging to the Soula Centre, Sousse, called the Dorro Centre and a small Souks,

I will put a review on the hotel site soon,

alan

Edited: 08 August 2018, 20:34
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
407 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: One Resort Aqua Park, Monastir

Hi Alan.

Just read your review on the hotel sounds like you had a great time with your family ?

Just a quick question back in the day pre-2015 non-residents could use other hotels facilities including nightly entertainment was this allowed at your your hotel ?

Having not stayed in Monastir/Sousse since then however,in Hammamet this is now not permitted other than a complex or sister hotel.

Contemplating on the One Resort or back to the old favourite Sahara Beach with all the family in a couple of weeks.

Thanks

Philipa

Edited: 11 August 2018, 14:55
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
13,149 posts
14 reviews
4. Re: One Resort Aqua Park, Monastir

Alan

I liked the advice you outlined on getting to both Monastir and Sousse from the hotel.

Many hotels on the "Skanes Strip" are "isolated" in the sense you describe.

I too like Monastir itself.

I will add that i found it the most conservative of the cities/towns on the east coast.

The shops you mention are ideal for stocking up on basics for your holiday

Cheap too.

Attractions like the Mausoleum and Ribat are certainly worth a visit if staying in the big hotels on the Skanes Strip. Taxis are cheap and plentiful.

I read your review and certainly the hotel seems ideal for families/children.

The El Mouradi Skanes and The Houda Golf/Beach are old favourites of ours .

Visited both a number of times.

But as i know and trust your judgement, i would recommend the One Resort to any younger family members planning a return visit to Monastir/Skanes

Slainte

Mick

Thornaby on Tees...
Destination Expert
for Port El Kantaoui
Level Contributor
3,258 posts
88 reviews
5. Re: One Resort Aqua Park, Monastir

Hi Philipa,

We did enjoy our week at this hotel, we had no issues with other guests like other posters were stating on the review site, the bungalows do need a lot of TLC, like i stated especially the bathroom, it didn't bother us as we don't live in the room, half pint tumblers are a must at this hotel, take fancy one's as it get's everybody's attention when getting drinks,

This hotel is isolated and as for using other hotels i would doubt it in this area,

As armbands are not worn in this hotel i would think you would have a bit of an issue if you tried to visit others in the same group,

Mick,

I liked Monastir better than Sousse, it's more compact, the Ribat was good and we found the step's were the Life Of Brian was filmed,

He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy,

alan

Edited: 11 August 2018, 20:55
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
407 posts
4 reviews
6. Re: One Resort Aqua Park, Monastir

Thanks Alan for the update.

Regards

Philipa

1 post
7. Re: One Resort Aqua Park, Monastir

Hi going here April with my 12 yr old son how was it . Things to do , shopping . Tell me all l . X

Thornaby on Tees...
Destination Expert
for Port El Kantaoui
Level Contributor
3,258 posts
88 reviews
8. Re: One Resort Aqua Park, Monastir

Joanne,

There is nothing outside of the hotel,

The little train that run's at 9am to the Ribat in Monastir, returns at 12 noon, 10td return for adults and 8td for children, it also runs at 2pm and return's 5pm,

Plenty of shop's in Monastir and 2 supermarkets,

The usual tat shops in the Medina but worth a haggle if you want anything specific, check out the main shopping area with the Dorro Centre being the main one, it has one in Sousse called the Soula Centre,

The Soula Centre in Sousse has a 3D Experience attached to it now, called The Magic Eye Experience, well worth a visit if you are going to Sousse, cost i think was about 14td, about £4, have a look in the thing's to do section on the main Sousse forum for more info, you will need a camera or phone as it only work's with a photo, free pair of sock's as well,

Have a look in the Thing's to do section on the main Monastir forum,

The dolphin trip is worth a go, book with Ali Baba, he will find you before you find him, the other chap sells the Pirate boat trip,

I have put a review of the hotel on the main Monastir page or just put the hotel name into the search box, ignore the reviews praising the animation/entertainment team,

enjoy,

alan

Edited: 15 August 2018, 21:35
Reply to: One Resort Aqua Park, Monastir
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tunisia