We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Update on Enfidha Airport.

thornaby on tees
Destination Expert
for Port El Kantaoui
Level Contributor
3,209 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Update on Enfidha Airport.

We arrived and got through under an hour as there are not many flights at the moment,

Off the plane and through passport control, hand your landing card in with Passport stamped and they return the bottom, keep it in your passport, if you do misplace it you can get one on your return to the airport,

Security check then Baggage claim and out, the reps will be there and direct you to your pickup point,

About 50 mins to Hammamet depending on drop off's,

On your return to the Airport,

Off the transport and through the doors, security check on all luggage,

Check in desk's with your Passport, collect boarding card,

turn right to the departure ramp, security check, Passport and boarding card only,

Passport/Customs desk with the bottom part of the landing card,

A security and scan check, all metals removed and placed in trays, just like the UK,,

Duty free await's,

To get to the boarding gate you will be drug wiped, hand luggage and hand's,

They will ask you if you have currency, as we go back we put a few coins and notes and mix them with our own currency but show the a few millims and tell them they are for the toilet maids,

We also took water through, although in small bottles we took with us when bought at the UK airport and filled up at the hotel before we left, also made sandwiches at the hotel and ate them in departures,

Anything else just ask,

alan

19 replies to this topic
London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Update on Enfidha Airport.

Hello,

Did you have to pay a departure tax?

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
13,034 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Update on Enfidha Airport.

Isalami

Departure tax was scrapped a few years ago.

Alan

That wasnt too bad for you then.

Getting through the usual points at the airport without delay.

But as you well know there are no two days the same at Enfidha (or any airport really)

When i get frustrated at Enfidha

I just think back to Monastir Airport when the departure/immigration area was quite small and stifling No air condition in August.

(my first visit was in August and temps hit record levels)

Sweat pouring off punters

Reps/airport staff handing out free water to people in queues so long they stretched for hundreds of yards outside

I never returned in the months of July/ August;-)

You could fry an egg on the pavement

Ah Happy Days )

Edited: 09 May 2018, 23:09
thornaby on tees
Destination Expert
for Port El Kantaoui
Level Contributor
3,209 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Update on Enfidha Airport.

isalami,

There is no exit/departure tax at the moment but the room/hotel tax might start towards the end of the year,

Mick,

We were the first flight in from Newcastle and everbody else had checked in and gone, not like last time, nearly two hours,

happy days it was,

alan

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
370 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Update on Enfidha Airport.

Just an update on anyone travelling throughout the season on a night flight :

Just arrived back this morning on the Manchester MT1821 flight 00:55 from gate 12B.

Being the only flight out of Enfidha at this time the airport was extremely quiet.

Only duty free was open, the usual BTA Pub &Brasserie which allows smoking was closed as was the Bevebere cafe/bar !!

One needs to walk through duty free turn left and head towards Gate 17, there you will find the food court which consists of Basilico, Burgerhouse, and cake and bakes this however is all none smoking.

A can of Boga (lemonade) or a tea will set you back £3 each !!

Unfortunately for us we were delayed by one hour so would recommend a few snacks/drinks, especially if travelling with little ones plus,as Alan mentioned you can bring drinks through, we had diluted orange in the small water bottles.

Overall a very long night !

Philipa

Edited: 12 May 2018, 08:56
thornaby on tees
Destination Expert
for Port El Kantaoui
Level Contributor
3,209 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Update on Enfidha Airport.

It seems gate 12b is the favourite for UK flights at the moment,

We always make a packed lunch at the last meal available at the Hotel and as i said above a small bottle of water, dont use a big bottle as the might take it of you,

alan

Edited: 12 May 2018, 09:05
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
370 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Update on Enfidha Airport.

The summer season has well and truly kicked in.

Arrived into Enfidha from Manchester along with 9 other flights, huge queue’s even though immigration desks were all maned, so anyone travelling now and the next coming weeks be prepared for a long wait !

Maybe worth buying some extra drinks on the plane before disembarkment especially if travelling with little ones as in immigration there are no refreshment facilities.

Also be prepared after baggage reclaim extra security staff/police randomly selecting passengers to search baggage/cases/holdalls etc.

If you have selected your onward journey other than transfer via your holiday company, just pop over to the appropriate rep and inform them that you won’t be travelling on the coach, this will not cause any further delays to other passengers.

Regards

Philipa

thornaby on tees
Destination Expert
for Port El Kantaoui
Level Contributor
3,209 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Update on Enfidha Airport.

You are right Philipa,

Some people are selfish on arrival by not letting the rep know they have a private transfer booked,

We have been sat on the coach waiting for a couple to turn up only for the rep to find out they must have booked a transfer,

alan

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
13,034 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Update on Enfidha Airport.

Nothing worse after a possible long night (early morning flight) to be waiting on "no shows"

I learnt from that many years ago and only went on "official" transfer if it was included in the package.

Even then,depending on circumstances (travelling time etc) i opt to arrange private transfers,

Slainte

Mick

PS

Goodness me,it was hot in Embra today.

My daughter is at her caravan in the Borders and says its been hotter than her recent trip to Cyprus!!

Watered the garden twice before any hosepipe ban takes effect,which is unlikely up here;-)

Long may it continue

Phew !!

Edited: 04 July 2018, 19:17
Stowmarket, United...
Level Contributor
340 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Update on Enfidha Airport.

When we arrived I went up to TC to explain that we had arranged a taxi, he said to me there are no taxis, he would not listen to me so I told him I was not wasting my time explaining, gave names and hotel and said we would not be on transfer.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
13,034 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Update on Enfidha Airport.

Maybe he thought you meant you had arranged a taxi transfer through Thomas Cook. Hence him saying "there are no taxis" ;-)

Some people though are and can be selfish and thoughtless of others when it comes to "transfers"

They dont initially intend to use the agents transfer coach,but dont inform them up front when booking,just in case they need it as a last resort,if they cant flag a cab at the airport on arrival.

They do not have the courtesy to inform the "coach rep" if thet get alternative transport on arrival.

But you can be sure they are looking for the rep. for assistance if things go wrong at the hotel.

When i opt to "do my own thing" on transport to hotel,i let the travel company know before we go.

That way our names should not be on any transfer list.

My transfer arrangements would have been made before we arrive at the airport,so as not to get caught up in a battle with others for taxis.

You can never tell if its going to be busy or quiet.

Now that would be fine if you are on your own or even 2 of you.

Not ideal if in a family group with 3 or 4 trolleys full of luggage ;-)

Slainte

Mick

Edited: 04 July 2018, 22:49
Reply to: Update on Enfidha Airport.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tunisia