We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hooneymoon in Oahu

Seattle
1 post
Save Topic
Hooneymoon in Oahu

My fiance and i are going to Oahu for our honeymoon and want to know what hotel we should stay at. We want to spend around $150 a night, and have a ocean view, and near the international market(Wakiki beach) Please help! ;o)

Toowoomba, Australia
Level Contributor
809 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hooneymoon in Oahu

You could look at:

Pacific Beach Hotel: www.pacificbeachhotel.com

ResortQuest Waikiki Circle: www.aston-hotels.com

Outrigger Waikiki Beach: www.outrigger.com

Pacific Beach Hotel is on Kalakaua Ave, right opposite the beach. It has 2 towers, but if you only want to spend $150 you would probably have to look at the Oceanarium Tower which is the larger tower at the back. You may be able to get partial-ocean view or maybe even ocean view rooms for this amount. We stay here, however we always stay in the Beach Tower Oceanfront rooms.

ResortQuest Waikiki Circle is also on Kalakaua Ave, next door to Pacific Beach. The hotel is smaller (about 14 floors) but the views from the Oceanfront rooms are fantastic. The rooms & bathrooms are small however they are very clean & comfortable. Friends of ours stayed here & they upgraded on check-in from Cityview room to Oceanfront room for extra $10 a night.

Outrigger Waikiki Beach is right on the beach. I am not familiar with the hotel/rooms however I always read good reports on this hotel.....Im unsure of prices (sorry)...

These are all in great locations, right on/near beach and walking distance to International Market Place, shops & restaurants.

Im sure you will get some more great recommendations as well.

Have a great trip !

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
25,953 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hooneymoon in Oahu

The International Market Place (IMP) is in the center of Waikiki. But, there is not much there any more. It is worth strolling through once during the day and once at night, 15-20 minutes each time. More if you have lunch there or if you see one of the free shows on the stage in the back.

The main area of Waikiki is a strip about 1 1/2 miles long by 3-4 blocks wide. There are good restaurants & shops throughout Waikiki. The beach runs the entire length of Waikiki. So anywhere in Waikiki is good. So don't linit yourself to IMP.

Here is a map of most Waikiki hotels & condos:

www.waikiki.us/waikikimap.html…

Besides the hotels & condos already mentioned, Outrigger Reef on the Beach is fairly inexpensive. I don't know if you can get an ocean view for $150/night.

You can compare hotels & condos:

www.bookit.com

www.expedia.com

Or any other sites like travelocity.com or hotels.com.

There are lots of package deals available from those and others including the airline sites like United, Northwest, etc.

Lots of Oahu ideas including lodging:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29222-i37-k647862…

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
755 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hooneymoon in Oahu

Congrats on your honeymoon! We are staying at the Hilton Hawaiian Village - it is really nice and I saw a special deal not too long ago for $170/garden view. If I were you, I would take a "garden" view in a nicer hotel than an ocean view in a lesser hotel... does that make sense? You can always sit the beach all night!

What other islands are you going to?

Check out Sams Club, Costco, & Greathawaiivacation.com - you should see some great deals. THEN, call the hotels directly, you may get a better rate!

Also, when are you going? You would also love Maui!!!

I found a fare sale on Delta, the link is in this forum, not sure if it was for Seattle, too.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,265 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hooneymoon in Oahu

Whatever you do, don't just limit yourself to Waikiki. Go out and explore the rest of the island. Some of the most beautiful sites are on the other side of the island.

5. Re: Hooneymoon in Oahu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2009, 18:15