We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather question(rain)

chicago
Level Contributor
102 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Weather question(rain)

What is there to do if it rains. Weather channel predicting rain Oct. 2-4. Hope to heck weather forecasters as wrong in Maui as they are in Chicago

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,355 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather question(rain)

As I tell my kids..."STEP AWAAAY FROM THE WEATHER CHANNEL" Check out Glens blog at www.mauiweathertoday.com Mainland weather has NOTHING to do with the microclimates on any of the Hawaiian islands...it will be raining somewhere (we hope) on every island! It's called "green"!

If it does rain for a few minutes you have glorious rainbows. It's a no lose proposition!

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,722 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather question(rain)

Mamma beat me to it. Yes, weather channel and weather.com are to be ignored in favor of Glenn's info. They really don't have a clue.

Sun City West...
Level Contributor
3,777 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather question(rain)

ethan,

mamma beat me to it...lol. looks like pzp too

don't worry about rain...it normally just comes and goes. when it rains, we still go about whatever we were going to do. we snorkel in it...shop in it...drive around in it....it's really no big deal and it's a warm rain comparitively.

as we always say to ourselves....the weather channel: everything BUT the weather

Edited: 27 September 2010, 03:23
Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,395 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather question(rain)

They allways predict rain because it will rain in the rain forrest and

wet areas.

Ignore all weather predictions and watch George Carlins "hippie - dippie

weather man.

Modesto
Level Contributor
460 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather question(rain)

I enjoyed the occasional shower on our vacation. What we found really funny was the people who were already wet from being in the ocean at the beach running for cover when it started to sprinkle! If anything, it washed off the salt water!

Socal
Level Contributor
1,234 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather question(rain)

Rain is a non-issue. I can't even begin to tell you how many times we were snorkling at Kapalua, the rain would come, and then leave.

It would be all stormy at our condo and then drive to Lahaina and the stars are out, no wind and beautiful. And this is during the wet season!

Don't give it any thought and just enjoy your time on Maui.

Edina, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
4,082 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather question(rain)

Here is a link the the NWS site with the Lahaina are zone forecast:

forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php…

This is the source for Glenn's forecasts, and are generally the same. You can click on the map in the lower right corner for the forecasts for other places on the island. Also, realize that any forecast our more than 2-3 days greatly loses its accuracy. So start checking the forecast right before you leave and ignore it till then.

8. Re: Weather question(rain)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2011, 06:54