We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moving Walkways at OGG

Milwaukie, Oregon
Level Contributor
3,957 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Moving Walkways at OGG

Wondering if by any chance the moving walkways at airport have been fixed and actually MOVE?? Alaska Airlines uses gate 30-something, which was a very long walk when I took their flight last summer. Flying them again next month.

Beaverton, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cannon Beach
Level Contributor
6,044 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Moving Walkways at OGG

we fly hawaiian and they usually park at the end of a concourse and its also a long walk but i dont remember any moving walkways working or not

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
42,905 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Moving Walkways at OGG

Moving walkways?

Canada
Level Contributor
2,694 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Moving Walkways at OGG

I don't recall any moving walkways at OGG, we have flown Alaska 2 times to Maui. Long walk? I don't recall it being a long walk either, the airport is so small.

Edina, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
4,073 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Moving Walkways at OGG

I haven't been to Maui in 8 years, don't recall moving walkways, but we just flew inter-island there. But I looked at a map of the airport and it looks like they have walkways down the longer end of the terminal. Here is a link to the map:

http://hawaii.gov/ogg/terminal-information

Now I have no idea if they are in working order.

Oregon
Level Contributor
4,363 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Moving Walkways at OGG

I don't recall any moving walkways at OGG either. I would agree that the entire airport is so small, it isn't that hard to get around unless you have a medical condition that slows you down or makes it uncomfortable to walk. In that case, ask for a sky cap to chauffeur you to the baggage claim area.

Milwaukie, Oregon
Level Contributor
3,957 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Moving Walkways at OGG

The moving (or not) walkways are on the concourse with gates 17-40, which is about 1/3 longer than the other side. Difficult if it's one of those days where I need to use a cane plus manage my carry-on. I would be fine if walkways work, or if there is a luggage cart. Not being sure of either, I guess the best option is to order wheelchair and cancel if not needed.

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,234 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Moving Walkways at OGG

Better order a wheelchair. I don't think OGG is modern enough (or big enough) to have moving walkways. None that I know of, anyway.

Troutdale, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Hood River, Troutdale, Cascade Locks, The Dalles, Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
11,594 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Moving Walkways at OGG

Yes, I agree, call the airlines and tell them you will need a wheelchair. It's easy, free, and they are very accomodating. Let them know when you get on that you will be needing one at OGG too. They will meet you and I think deplane you among the first to get off.

min

Chesterfield, Mich.
Level Contributor
3,579 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Moving Walkways at OGG

Barbara, at the website for OGG, you will find a contact # for the "manager". You could always call and get the information you need.

Good luck. I hope you will be able to come to the Maui get together on Oct. 15th.

Oregon
Level Contributor
4,363 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Moving Walkways at OGG

PDX seems to have the longest concourse. It feels like you're walking clear to Vancouver to get to the outgoing Hawaiian flights (not sure about Alaskan).