We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Sunday brunch buffet?

Kelowna
Level Contributor
200 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Best Sunday brunch buffet?

I know this has been asked before, but PLEASE tell me where you think the best Sunday brunch/breakfast buffet is and about how much per person. Thank you!

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
57,716 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Sunday brunch buffet?

Aloha,

Grand Wailea, the Makena Resort, Kaanapali Beach Hotel all come to mind. KBH will be the least expensive and most local style. I think KBH's is around 35PP. The GW's is $$$$--around 60 or so. MBGR (Makena) is about 40 or 45, I think.

California
Level Contributor
6,546 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Sunday brunch buffet?

I know the Swan Court buffet at the Hyatt Maui use to be number 1. Haven't been there in years.

Maui
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
57,716 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Sunday brunch buffet?

Aloha,

Actually, Clint, the Prince's buffet was considered and voted the tip-top for many years. Swan Court also ranked highly-but these days......I don't hear a lot of raves about it.

California
Level Contributor
6,546 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Sunday brunch buffet?

Not even sure it'd still there.

Edina, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
4,091 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Sunday brunch buffet?

Is the one at the Four Seasons still as good as before? I haven't been there in 8 years. It used to be wonderful with eggs and pancakes made to order. I bet it is well over $30 per person now.

Maui
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
57,716 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Sunday brunch buffet?

Aloha,

CLint, "Swan Court" still does breakfasts--it's a buffet but I don't believe it's anything close to the old days. At night, the space is Sonz........which I would much rather spend money at!

Dr V---you are too funny!!!

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
133 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Sunday brunch buffet?

Swan Court at the Hyatt still does the daily buffet for around $30 and is still really good. I don't think their menu has changed much since the early 80's, but why make changes when the food is excellent. We have the daily breakfast buffet built into our room charge and will be there every morning during our trip (9/3-9/12).

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
1,556 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Sunday brunch buffet?

With regard to the Hyatt Swan Court/Umalu, they have a daily breakfast buffet-not really a special Sunday brunch-it is good for breakfast-we wre there just a few months ago.

Troutdale, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Hood River, Troutdale, Cascade Locks, The Dalles, Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,123 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Sunday brunch buffet?

want2binmaui~ We will almost be like 2 ships passing in the night. We are there the 9th to 15th. Thanks for the details on the buffet.

min

Maui
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
57,716 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Sunday brunch buffet?

Aloha,

And at the risk of REALLY dating myself........I miss the Kapalua Bay Hotel's Sunday Brunch!

Oh.....wait......yeah, the hotel is gone too................sigh.