We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need a Jeep!! bad reviews + Dollar + no time = Confused

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Need a Jeep!! bad reviews + Dollar + no time = Confused

Ok...so maybe I should not be so stressed out, it is a vacation after all. Im heading to Lanai this friday and I wanted to rent a Jeep all day Saturday. I came to TA and I am not satisfied at all with the reviews that I saw for the "Eco" jeep rental company...dollar apparently limits where you could go...simply put...is there any other company available? Is Eco the only option?

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
9,524 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need a Jeep!! bad reviews + Dollar + no time = Confused

Eco and dollar are it unless you want to just book a package tour and let someone else do the driving.

Like everything else take the reviews with a grain of salt. We have used eco and have never had any issues at all. I feel fine recomending them to anyone who asks. They will deliver your jeep to the airport, ferry dock or hotel, Dollar will not.

Edina, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
4,075 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need a Jeep!! bad reviews + Dollar + no time = Confused

I also strongly recommend Adventure Lana`i Ecocentre.

Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
1,315 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need a Jeep!! bad reviews + Dollar + no time = Confused

We've had some rain, so both companies may caution you about taking the jeep on the Munro Trail. But I would also recommend ALE. In my experience, they have been better to deal with; definitely more helpful & less restrictive.

4. Re: Need a Jeep!! bad reviews + Dollar + no time = Confused

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2012, 06:17