We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Latest chicken bus from Pana

Ulsan, South Korea
Level Contributor
2 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Latest chicken bus from Pana

Hello! Does anyone know what time the last chicken bus leaves Pana headed for Antigua? I'd like to stay closer to the airport, if possible but have an obligation in Santa Cruz until 5. Thanks!

2 replies to this topic
Crowsnest Pass...
Level Contributor
374 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Latest chicken bus from Pana

I've been told that the last direct chicken bus leaves around 1:30 - 2:00 pm. The last chicken buses leave Panajachel around 7:30 or 8:00 pm but I don't know if they would connect up in Los Encuentros to a City bound bus or not. I personally wouldn't want to be travelling on a chicken bus heading into the city, and in the city that late but that's just me.

The last tourist shuttle is scheduled to leave at 4 but my experience is that it is often late (but I wouldn't count on it).

What time does your flight leave? There is a 5:30 a.m. shuttle from Panajachel. It probably meets up with the 9:00 a.m. shuttle from Antigua getting you to the airport by about 11:30.

You may have to spend the extra for a private ride or somehow cut your obligation short in Santa Cruz.

Ulsan, South Korea
Level Contributor
2 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Latest chicken bus from Pana

Thank you for the response. I will probably my just stay in Pana tonight and get the 5am shuttle to the airport. Flight isn't until 230pm tomorrow.

Reply to: Latest chicken bus from Pana
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted