We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pcr test

Dharmapuri, India
Level Contributor
716 posts
283 reviews
301 helpful votes
Pcr test
Save

Is Covid 19 testing labs easily available in Guatemala city for travellers

How much time takes for result

Price for testing ?

20 replies to this topic
Guatemala City...
Level Contributor
447 posts
11 reviews
2 helpful votes
1. Re: Pcr test
Save

ALmost any hospital wil do the test. It will take 72hrs for the pcr. Antigen is about 24hrs . Private hospitals and antigen will process faster.

Kanata, Canada
Level Contributor
903 posts
12 reviews
14 helpful votes
2. Re: Pcr test
Save

Would the test be available anywhere at the lake ?

Crowsnest Pass...
Level Contributor
1,452 posts
13 reviews
17 helpful votes
3. Re: Pcr test
Save

I don't know the answer but I think that the more detailed question is whether or not you can get a test that will provide results in a form that will be accepted by airlines and foreign countries. The original poster is from India which I've read requires a negative Covid-19 test from returning travelers. I've read on other forums of travelers being rejected because the result form didn't match the reporting requirements. I doubt that the public system will provide such paperwork.

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
16,088 posts
317 reviews
274 helpful votes
4. Re: Pcr test
Save

Also posted in it's own thread:

A friend is looking for info on PCR test availability; his itinerary is Antigua - Atitlan - Guatemala City (to pick up rental car) - Copan Ruinas - Rio Dulce - Flores and back to the airport in Guatemala City.

Can anyone help with advice on where in Guatemala and Copán Ruinas he might go for tests?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,627 posts
28 reviews
12 helpful votes
5. Re: Pcr test
Save

The two recent storms produced massive flooding in Copan Ruinas, and I'd advise you check first before committing to traveling there. If you do find it's OK to travel, there's at least one health center in Copan Ruinas [http://copanhonduras.org/centro-medico-peniel/]. I doubt that they can provide the results of a pcr test in a reasonable time, especially following tthe flooding, but you could try contacting them.

The closest hospital of any size to Copan Ruinas is probably the Hospital Regional de Occidente [http://www.hospitaldeoccidente.hn]. It's an academic medical center that's collaborated in clinical research with a number of US centers. It's about a two-hour drive from Copan Ruinas, about an hour closer than San Pedro Sula, and it's in a very nice, historic town that's worth spending the better part of a day to explore. The storms may have disrupted the roads to the town, so it would be a good idea to ask them also before you go.

Atlanta, Georgia
1 post
1 review
6. Re: Pcr test
Save

We are in Antigua for the month of January. The US government just changed their guidelines and now require a negative test to return to the US. I believe it's PCR or Antigen (rapid-test). Does anyone have a recommendation of a private clinic or hospital where we can get tested?

Montreal
Level Contributor
397 posts
51 reviews
29 helpful votes
7. Re: Pcr test
Save

Canadians are in the same situation and our government doesn't accept the antigen test.

In Guatemala city, you can get tested at: Blue Medical Private Clinic. http://mibluemedical.com. Cost 645Q. They are located near the airport. Results 6-24hrs but someone here reported getting them in 4 hours.

For Antigua I found this on a list of approved clinics. A Private clinic. LABORATORIO CLINICO (HERMANO PEDRO ) 6A.CALLE ORIENTE NO.20 SACATEPEQUEZ,ANTIGUA, GUATEMALA.

Also for Antigua but not knowing how long it actually takes for results: Hospital Santiago on the Calle ancha and puesto de salud also on the Calle ancha in front of IGGS.

I plan on getting mine at Blue Medical in Guatemala city in February.

1 post
1 review
8. Re: Pcr test
Save

Does anyone know a place to get a Covid PCR Rapid test result in Panajachel?

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
1 helpful vote
9. Re: Pcr test
Save

Do you know how much the hospitals charge to have this done?

1 post
1 review
1 helpful vote
10. Re: Pcr test
Save

Hi, did you get an answer to this question. I'm in the same situation.

Reply to: Pcr test
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Ireland. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.