We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel shuttles in Liberia

Which Costa Rica hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
tennessee
Level Contributor
79 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
hotel shuttles in Liberia

Meeting up with a friend in Liberia. I arrive at 1; she arrives at 8. Are there in hotels in Liberia that have free shuttle? or should I pay the $45.00 to Rinconcito Lodge?

Or are there cheaper ways to get to Rincon de la Viega area? or other hotels there that offer shuttle?

Thanks

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,655 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel shuttles in Liberia

OK - if you are going to Rinconcito Lodge, it is not in the same area as the other hotels in the Rincon de la Vieja area. $45 to Rinconcito Lodge is a good price.

The only hotel in Liberia that has a free shuttle is Hilton Garden Inn, about 5 minutes from the airport.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
45,538 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel shuttles in Liberia

Thank you Hattie great advice ...and agree with you...no hotel shuttles!

roadadvisor

tennessee
Level Contributor
79 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel shuttles in Liberia

Should we stay somewhere else in Rincon de la Viejo?

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,655 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel shuttles in Liberia

Not necessarily - are you planning on staying at Rinconcito Lodge?

tennessee
Level Contributor
79 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel shuttles in Liberia

Yes unless you have better suggestions. Open to all ideas. Also how long should we spend in this area? What are some activities you would suggest? 2 females who are active. Thanks

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,655 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotel shuttles in Liberia

I stayed at Rinconcito Lodge and loved it. It's not fancy but in a beautiful location and the staff couldn't have been nicer. Good food, also.

However - it is not near the entrance to Rincon de la Vieja National Park, but on the "other side" of the park closer to Santa Maria Volcano.

I went on a horseback ride to the Santa Maria sector of the Park and then hiked to the waterfall and hot springs which I loved both.

But if you are thinking that you will be near the Las Pailas entrance to the Park, this is not the case. Rinconcito Lodge does have tours to the Las Pailas part of the park, however.

Take a look here: costarica-nationalparks.com/rincondelaviejan…

Rinconcito Lodge is closer to San Jorge whereas the entrance to the Las Pailas sector of the Park is from the road going through Curubande.

I think that 2 days there would be fine. Check the website for Rinconcito Lodge to see the activities and tours they offer.

7. Re: hotel shuttles in Liberia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 May 2013, 10:28