We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Cabana on the beach in Plalencia ?

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
17 posts
55 reviews
Best Cabana on the beach in Plalencia ?

After looking at different accommodations in Plalencia it looks like the cabanas on the beach is what we would like best. We want beach front and within a few minutes walk of restaurants and bars and most definitely air conditioning. I see a wide variety of prices in cabanas. Anyone have a favorite you would like to share? Thanks!!

6 replies to this topic
Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
16,488 posts
10 reviews
1. Re: Best Cabana on the beach in Plalencia ?

15+ years ago, we stayed in a lovely beach cabana, right on the beach, it was simple and lovely. Fast forward to the present, the cabana is now part of Caribbean Beach Cabanas, on the sidewalk, north end of town. We looked at ‘our’ cabana last year when we were in Placencia. Wow! It’s now stunning. Also, considerably more expensive than when we stayed there.

Last year we stayed at Ranguana, perfectly acceptable cabana. Again, right on the beach, on the sidewalk. Very close to the beach bars, though, we had no issues with noise.

UNITED STATES
Level Contributor
3,397 posts
181 reviews
2. Re: Best Cabana on the beach in Plalencia ?

HI Sharon...look under my profile...I wrote a review on Sandy feet where we stayed. We LOVED it! awesome location....and new. Sat on the balcony mornings and nights with our coffee/wine. Close to the beach, "sidewalk" , dining, grocery store, coffee shop etc....yet tucked in our own little grove of palms facing the ocean so we felt alone. Loved it. Our host Nelson was a block away if you had any questions or issues. We booked direct on the Vasca site. Easy peasy an safe to do.

we originally wanted to stay at Caribbean Beach Cabana's (same room size/amenities) but it was $120+ more a night than we paid...only advantage they have a pool.

I didn't feel 7 days was too many. We can't wait to go back! have fun!

Indian Springs...
Level Contributor
307 posts
221 reviews
3. Re: Best Cabana on the beach in Plalencia ?

For us, the best has been Maya Beach Hotel. Great little casita on the beach - as in 75 feet from the water. Nicely shaded with sea grape trees and palms, hammocks on the beach, great service, the beach is raked every morning. The casita has AC, great shower, good fridg, water carbouy, a cook-top that we didn't use, and comfortable bedding. The food at Maya Beach Bistro is some of the best in the country, really outstanding - voted "Best in Belize" several times, and I think THE best. The only issue is that you would need to drive to Placencia per se for other restaurants and shops, though you could probably arrange that through the hotel. If you are going to go to Ranguana Caye or another day trip out of Placencia, transportation could be arranged through that service.

Great Smoky...
Level Contributor
69 posts
81 reviews
4. Re: Best Cabana on the beach in Plalencia ?

Hands down...Coconut Beach OCEAN FRONT Bungalow. Look it up on AirBnB. No comparison.

UNITED STATES
Level Contributor
3,397 posts
181 reviews
5. Re: Best Cabana on the beach in Plalencia ?

viewing another thread I see where she booked already at CBC....$$$ :)

2 posts
1 review
6. Re: Best Cabana on the beach in Plalencia ?

It just depends what is important to you. Most places in Placencia Village walkable to town are going to be run like an Airbnb, not an all inclusive resort. You will have a room to stay in, minimal amenities. The few places walkable to town with resort amenities are Caribbean Beach Cabanas, Belizean Nirvana, or the Ellysian (Chabil Mar, Turtle Inn, and the larger resorts north are run like typical resorts, but can't walk to town). Things like airport shuttle, a/c, wifi, paddleboards, kayaks, beach towels, maid service, welcome drink, pool, bathrobes, overnight security, on site concierge, overall consistency, cushioned beach chairs, hair dryer, iron, coffee, etc. - if those are important to you, you have only those few choices walkable to village.

Reply to: Best Cabana on the beach in Plalencia ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted