We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visiting placentia in june

Tustin, California
2 posts
visiting placentia in june

We are scheduled to be in Placentia June 9th to 16th. The weather forecast shows rain every day.

Is the weather normally wet at this time of year and does the rain last all day, or will we still be able to take tours and have sunshine for part of the day? I was planning on just bringing shorts and t=shirts. Should I bring rainy weather clothing?

5 replies to this topic
Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
16,488 posts
10 reviews
1. Re: visiting placentia in june

I’ve been traveling to Belize for 15+ years. I’ve long since quit looking at forecasts. At this time of year, the forecast pretty much always calls for rain. And, often, somewhere in Belize in the summer, it does rain, often for about five minutes.

Other than keeping an eye out for tropical storms/hurricanes, I’d stop looking at the weather. Figure on hot, sunny, with somewhat frequent showers.

Placencia, Belize
Level Contributor
79 posts
2. Re: visiting placentia in june

Weather forecast will call for rain every day, but that's typical for the tropics in the summer. Maybe we'll get rain overnight or briefly during the day. Unlikely that you'll get a solid full day of rain. Just count on hot and humid.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
106 posts
90 reviews
3. Re: visiting placentia in june

June 1 starts the rainy season. Everyone has been saying here (in. Belize) that the season started early. We’ve gotten some rain almost everyday for the past week. It hasn’t put a damper on anything except the one day it rained almost all day.

Indian Springs...
Level Contributor
307 posts
221 reviews
4. Re: visiting placentia in june

It is unusual for it to rain all day. It usually rains more at night, and the daytime rain is USUALLY of brief duration. Rainy season goes from June through December, with a "little dry spell" in August most years. If you have not experienced rain in the tropics, it can be intense, with heavy downpours and really loud thunder. As for clothing - 95+ degrees and 85% humidity, so shorts and T-shirts, unless you are going hiking in the jungles. I would not bring 'raingear', it will just make you hotter.

Tustin, California
2 posts
5. Re: visiting placentia in june

Thank you.

Reply to: visiting placentia in june
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted