We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pros and Cons

las vegas
7 posts
Save Topic
Pros and Cons

Hi everyone,

Just for fun, I wonder if anyone is interested in giving their own pros and cons of living in Belize? What areas of the country do you like best there?

Mentioned in this post
Belize
Belize
Central America
Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
16,290 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pros and Cons

You're asking this on the wrong travel board. Go to Belizeforums or Ambergriscaye.come. Tons of expats on both boards.

A decision to move to Belize is not one to be taken lightly. The number one thing people don't seem to realize is that you can't just come down here and get a job as a bartender or waitress. You have to have a work permit, and to get one of those, you generally have to live here for a year first. Even then, the jobs will go to Belizeans first.

You can buy your own business and work that way. I don't know the details, our plan is to spend our retirement winters on Ambergris.

las vegas
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Pros and Cons

Sorry, I guess I didn't realize what kind of forum this is, and probably still don't. What kind is it? What are the right subjects etc?

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
16,290 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pros and Cons

Trip Advisor will lock this thread if we start talking about things like buying property and real estate in Belize.

This board is meant to give advice to people traveling to Belize, whether as first time or regular visitors.

There are some folks who post here that live in Belize, but they're giving travel advice, not discussing the ups and downs of living in Belize.

I own property in Belize, would love to talk about it, e-mail me at jhecht@mchsi.com if you like.

Mentioned in this post
Belize
Belize
Central America
4. Re: Pros and Cons

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2009, 06:22
Get answers to your questions about Corozal Town
Recent Conversations
More Corozal Town Topics