We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caye Caulker

Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Caye Caulker

My wife and I have never been to Belize and are considering spending a week on Caye Caulker, Belize, in an AirBnb (?) on the west side of the island (to avoid sea grasses--so we've heard--on the east side), this (mid-) October. We'd like a quiet place where we can cook, hang out on a quiet and clean beach, be safe, ride bikes to other places, hang out (paint, write, nap, canoodle, etc.). IS IT SAFE (We're 60 and 70 and reasonably fit)? Suggested places to stay ($55-$99 price range per night for a week). Any special deals? THANKS A LOT

3 replies to this topic
Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
70,655 posts
123 reviews
1. Re: Caye Caulker

Hi, and welcome to TripAdvisor forums

This forum is about technical assistance using the website. I recommend that you post on a travel forum for the destination that interests you.

Caye Caulker, Belize forum: www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g291963-i5734

It is not very active, so you might also check a 'higher level' forum like the Belize Cayes forum: www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g291960-i1456

Manchester
Level Contributor
69 posts
93 reviews
2. Re: Caye Caulker

Extremely safe...

https://youtu.be/bwUeLw-gvlk

this is like our 5th trip to date caulker and we went out in the evening walked home on our own. There's issues in Belize city but not targeted at tourists!

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
13,604 posts
331 reviews
3. Re: Caye Caulker

The back side of Caye Caulker doesn't really have beaches. We stay on the south edge of town, east side at a place that has a wonderful dock - great for swinging in a hammock or taking a swim. One advantage of the east side is you get more breezes and (I've read) fewer bugs. We're in our 60s and while Guatemala is our favorite, we love Belize for mainland activities like hiking, adventure caving, Maya sites, and the wonderful Belize Zoo, as well as blue water time. Here's where we stay on Caye Caulker, highly recommended.

www.colindacabanas.com

My photos with blog links on the main page of each collection are below in case you're interested - all my recommendations are embedded there.

Happy trails!

flickr.com/photos/staceyholeman/collections

Reply to: Caye Caulker
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Caye Caulker