We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do I get from belize airport to caye caulker

Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
How do I get from belize airport to caye caulker

What do I do when I get to belize airport to get to cays culler do I get in a taxi service to the ferry? Please let me know thanks could anyone let me know about the time the ferry leaves from the dock is there car rental on caye caulker? Please let me know thanks

1 reply
Yucatan Peninsula...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
9,017 posts
1. Re: How do I get from belize airport to caye caulker

Currently, the only way to get to CC is by water taxi because flights have not yet resumed following reapirs to the runway. Tropic Air has announced their flights will resume on October 1.

From the International airport, get a taxi to one of the water taxi terminals (there are two) in Belize City. Taxis wait outside the airport terminal building. They're not marked very well, but they have a green license plate with white characters beginning with "D". The fare to BC is BZ$50 (or US$25) per taxi, not per passenger, and the trip is about 20 minutes depending on traffic. If travelling solo, look for another passenger also going to the water taxi and share the fare, but don't let the driver know you're doing this.

Here are links to the websites for the 2 water taxi services where you can find schedules & fares...

a) San Pedro Belize Express

http://www.belizewatertaxi.com/

In Belize City, this service operates from the Brown Sugar Market at 111 North Front Street, a few hundred metres from the Swing Bridge.

b) Ocean Ferry Belize

http://www.oceanferrybelize.com/

In Belize City, this service operates from a terminal on North Front Street beside the Swing Bridge.

You can't rent cars on Caye Caulker, but you might be able to rent a golf cart. It's a small island -- most people walk or use a bicycle.

Reply to: How do I get from belize airport to caye caulker
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted