We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Possible November trip- excursions

Level Contributor
11 posts
7 reviews
Possible November trip- excursions

I’m looking at an early November trip- still back and forth between CC , AC or Hopkins- we’re looking to snorkel and dive a couple of days. Any ideas on Costs / companies? Thanks!

3 replies to this topic
The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
13,806 posts
331 reviews
1. Re: Possible November trip- excursions

I personally wouldn't choose Hopkins for a snorkel/dive trip because the reef is so far out. Between Caye Caulker and Ambergris Caye we hugely prefer Caye Caulker. Here are links to the place we stay and to the dive shop I recommend. Have a great trip, whatever you decide!

www.colindacabanas.com

www.belizedivingservices.com

Yucatan Peninsula...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
9,537 posts
2. Re: Possible November trip- excursions

The two cayes are quite different.

AC is more developed and gets more tourists & retirees, while CC is smaller, quieter and more laid-back. Both have good access to the barrier reef for diving & snorkelling.

AC has nicer beaches and more food options in the town of San Pedro. CC is a bit cheaper, and is more popular with backpackers. I like both places.

I don't know how many dive companies are on each caye -- probably more on AC. Another popular dive company on CC is Frenchie's.

Hopkins wouldn't be on my list of places to stay.

Edited: 25 August 2018, 18:35
belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
7,604 posts
13 reviews
3. Re: Possible November trip- excursions

FYI, the further north on Ambergris are much fewer people. Some divers prefer the reef further south and don't mind being further away, but all dives are two tanks.

Reply to: Possible November trip- excursions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Caye Caulker