We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
108 posts
1 review
Airport

Looks like the Caye Caulker Airport is about ready to open. Check with the airlines for definitive dates! Just saw a video of it on another forum!

7 replies to this topic
Yucatan Peninsula...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
9,608 posts
1. Re: Airport

So far, I've only seen an announcement from Tropic Air. They will resume flights in November, or earlier.

Yucatan Peninsula...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
9,608 posts
2. Re: Airport

On Friday, Maya Island Air landed on the new runway.

The airport is expected to reopen in September.

Angleton, Texas
Level Contributor
64 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: Airport

They flew in/out last Friday. We only saw the one plane.

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
108 posts
1 review
4. Re: Airport

1st "test flight" Not sure what is left to do however saw this posted on another website: ambergriscaye com

Flight schedule for Tropic posted starting 10/1

Yucatan Peninsula...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
9,608 posts
5. Re: Airport

From Tropic Air...

CAYE CAULKER NEWS

We are moving up the resumption date on our scheduled Caye Caulker service to October 1 (from November 15th). Cargo services and Blue Hole tours will also resume on the same day. We look forward to returning to our second home very soon!

Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
6. Re: Airport

Hello friend just checking how can I book a flight to cayenne caulker in belize I am coming over from Hartford ct . Please let me know how to book where to book from and what days I could fly in . Please let me know thanks.

Yucatan Peninsula...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
9,608 posts
7. Re: Airport

First, you have to fly to the International airport (airport code: BZE) in Belize. It's called Philip S. W. Goldson Airport (or PGIA), and is located about 9 miles north-west of Belize City.

Then you can get a domestic flight from BZE to Caye Caulker. You should be able to book domestic flights through the websites of the two airlines...

http://www.mayaislandair.com/

https://www.tropicair.com/

Schedules & fares are on the websites.

Another option is to get a taxi from BZE to the smaller Municipal airport (code: TZA) in Belize City, and get a slightly cheaper flight to CC.

And just to complete your options, you can get a water taxi from Belize City to CC.

Edited: 23 August 2018, 04:25
Reply to: Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Caye Caulker