We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seniors

N.J. USA
Level Contributor
351 posts
11 reviews
Seniors

I have read that caye caulker attracts mostly backpackers. Is this really true? We are active 80 year olds who love snorkeling. Would we be out of place?

Yucatan Peninsula...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
9,024 posts
1. Re: Seniors

Caye Caulker attracts all ages -- you won't be out of place.

I'd say that lower budget travellers prefer CC because it has tended to be a bit cheaper and not as developed as Ambergris Caye.

Apex, North Carolina
Level Contributor
662 posts
89 reviews
2. Re: Seniors

We are in our upper 50's and also enjoy snorkeling and LOVE Caye Caulker. We saw a wide range of ages there. I didn't consider it a purely backpackers and we never felt out of place.

N.J. USA
Level Contributor
351 posts
11 reviews
3. Re: Seniors

thanks for your responses. (BTW I meant to type 70 not 80!)

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
13,602 posts
331 reviews
4. Re: Seniors

Oops - fibbed about your age the wrong way. :-) We're in our 60s and love Caye Caulker.

Cleves, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,791 posts
131 reviews
5. Re: Seniors

My husband is 60 and usually pretty buttoned down and I am a free sprit 56 and we never feel out of place in Caye Caulker. Enjoy yourselves!

Illinois
1 post
1 review
6. Re: Seniors

We have the same question. Seriously considering full time retirement on CC. We will be taking our first trip in Jan 18 but love everything we read and see about Belize.

I will be 56 and she will be 54 both healthy and love diving fishing and the like.

7. Re: Seniors

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2018, 05:18