We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caye caulker

13 posts
Caye caulker

Hello. Husband and i are planning our trip to caye caulker for feb or march of 2019. We have a few questions and was hoping someone could help us.

We want to stay in a place with kitchen. Is the grocery store cheap?

What side of the island is the busiest?

What side of island is the grocery store at?

Does the island use US money or do we have to exchange it?

When and how to we pay the 9% tax. And the departure fee of 65$ I will have more questions at a later date. Thank you for your help

Yucatan Peninsula...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
9,031 posts
11. Re: Caye caulker

Where did you get that amount: "departure fee of 65$"?

Usually, the departure fees (actually the total of several fees & taxes) are charged per person.

Recently, the fees have been up around the US$40 mark, but earlier this year, the government approved an increase. I haven't heard any reports about what the fees are now.

Since most airlines now include the fees with the airfare, the only way to know for sure if you've paid them is to get an itemized receipt from your airline. On receipts I get, those types of fees have always been clearly listed.

BEFORE THE INCREASE earlier this year, here is a list of fees that were being charged...

If departing by air at PGIA, the total fee is BZ$78.50 (US$39.25).

It's broken down into (I hope these are correct):

Passenger Service Fee: BZ$30.00 / US$15.00 (all passengers)

Airport Development Fee: BZ$36.00 / US$18.00 (all passengers except citizens of Belize and Permanent Residents)

PACT Fee: BZ$7.50 / US$3.75 (all passengers over 11 years of age, except citizens of Belize and Permanent Residents)

Screening Fee: BZ$5.00 / US$2.50 (all passengers)

12. Re: Caye caulker

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2018, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Caye Caulker