We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water Taxi Terminal

Glenmoore...
Level Contributor
47 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Water Taxi Terminal

I understand there are two water taxi companies and their schedules seem to be about the same. Is one of these better than the other? We arrive between departures. Is there a place to get something to eat in the terminal area? Thanks.

3 replies to this topic
1. Re: Water Taxi Terminal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 15 September 2017, 14:48
Edited: 15 September 2017, 14:48

Caribbean
Level Contributor
6,494 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Water Taxi Terminal

In Belize City, both termials are located on North Front Street which is in the downtown area of the city.

Ocean Ferry is the one located at the Swing Bridge (at the corner with Queen Street), so it's closer to more shops. Once there was a restaurant in the same building as Ocean Ferry -- I don't know if it's still open. I know at least one small cafe type shop and the Bottom Dollar supermarket within about 50 metres of the water taxi terminal. For more options, cross the Swing Bridge into the main street of the downtown area. You should be able to leave your luggage at the water taxi office, but make sure it's locked and don't leave anything valuable.

The other water taxi terminal is a couple of hundred metres farther along N. Front Street. I know there's a restaurant down that way, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Edited: 15 September 2017, 14:48
Apex, North Carolina
Level Contributor
432 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Water Taxi Terminal

We've done both and seem about the same. Only thing is our last trip back from CC on San Pedro Express we had to wait about 45 min for our luggage. It came on a subsequent boat and was then wheeled into a large roped off area. You have to have your luggage receipt to get your luggage. That took another 10 min. Good thing we were not pressed for time to get to the airport.

But honestly for next trip I will likely pick one based on my time. I would use either again.

Reply to: Water Taxi Terminal
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Caye Caulker