We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short Trip Report

Level Contributor
7 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Short Trip Report

We were on Caye Caulker from 7/28 - 8/5 and enjoyed our stay as much or more than our first visit there in December of 2016. We again stayed at Weezie's and were again happy with our choice. The quiet end of the island and their dock can't be beat. The weather was great (rained only on our last afternoon). We rode bikes, paddle boarded, snorkeled, fished and relaxed. Also visited the tarpon and the seahorse reserve. Favorite places to eat were Godfrey's, Chef Juan's. Maggie's Sunset Grill, Otis & Paula's BBQ, the little take-out next to Chef Juan's and Reina's. I am suffering from the post vacation blues. We will definetly return!

Mentioned in this post
Caye Caulker
Caye Caulker
2,504 Reviews
Caye Caulker, Belize
Reina's
Reina's
177 Reviews
Caye Caulker, Belize
5 replies to this topic
Glenmoore...
Level Contributor
48 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Short Trip Report

Thanks for the short trip report. We are going for our first visit in late November and are staying in the property next to Weezie's. Are there any restaurants nearby or are they all closer to town? How was the walk into town?

Level Contributor
7 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Short Trip Report

We rented bikes and rode them all the time. If I had to guess, I would say it's about a 10 min walk (along the sea front path/road) to the start of the restaurants. - Godfrey's is one of the closer ones (we enjoyed dinner there twice). It's probably about a 20 min walk to the split. On the back street of Weezie's there is a newer grocery store that is just a few minute walk. And across the street at Oasi there is a bar that has live music on Sunday and Wednesday nights and is worth checking out. Enjoy your trip!!

Mentioned in this post
OASI
OASI
275 Reviews
Caye Caulker, Belize
Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
32,097 posts
6,325 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Short Trip Report

Enjoyed your trip report

and can understand why you have those post vacation blues.

Thanks for writing.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
38 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Short Trip Report

Glad you like Weezies.... I'm going in December for the first time and staying there. Can't wait!

Minnesota
Level Contributor
121 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Short Trip Report

I am a Belize newbie, and have my heart set on Caye Caulker. Glad for your trip report - helpful! Thank you!

Mentioned in this post
Belize
Belize
Central America
Caye Caulker
Caye Caulker
2,504 Reviews
Caye Caulker, Belize
Reply to: Short Trip Report
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted