Well I am trying to plan a trip to Cay Caulker or somewhere that doesn't require a long ferry or another airplane trip on October 11th checking out the 16th. I am apprehensive because I have never been to Belize before. So if you all would be so kind to answer my questions I would greatly appreciate it. I would like to stay in the 800 or less range.
I am a single woman that is just looking for some R & R but will enjoy going to restaurants and exploring the island. So I found a few places but you know how looks are deceiving.
1. Any suggestions for a hotel, cabana or villa? I am not into roughing it to much. lol. I want air conditioning, a relatively bug free inside space, full kitchen, decent WIFI, cold and hot water, cable TV, preferably on the water or very close and SAFE!
2. Is Caye Caulker the closet area with a beach/water? I would prefer not to take another flight and don't want to spend 3 hours on a ferry.
3. Are there a lot of expats on the island?
4. Can you buy bottles of alcohol on the island?
5. Is there a more affordable place to rent a golf cart?
6. I am an animal lover and want to see/interact as much as possible with wildlife.
7. Best place to get groceries?
8. Any place on the island to rent a jet ski?
Some of the rental places that look decent, again I have no idea are:
The Sea Garden Cottage
Weezies Ocean Front Hotel
I actually believe a separate villa or cabana/house would be better for me as I would like a more quieter setting. That is unless you know of a better option..
I really appreciate any and all of your assistance ASAP as I need to make reservations.