We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Similar to Blue Tang Inn

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Similar to Blue Tang Inn

When I first started researching our trip I fell in love with the look and feel of Blue Tang Inn. However, I want to make sure I'm not missing out on any other options. My husband and I (in our early 30's) will be traveling in January for our anniversary. We'd like a moderately priced (not much more than $200) room with a balcony/oceanview. Beach. Small kitchen...mainly for beverages/snacks/lunch. Close enough to town that it doesn't feel like a hike. Pool, pretty grounds. We want to relax but be close to fun restaurants/bars. Things I like about Blue Tang include: breakfast, dock, golf cart fleet, help with planning snorkeling trips, sailing cruise (and the name!). These are just pluses and not necessities. One concern I have is that maybe it is too close to town or maybe there are cheaper options that have the same amenities. Thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated!

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
16,481 posts
10 reviews
1. Re: Similar to Blue Tang Inn

On our very first trip to Ambergris, we stayed at Blue Tang. It is a nice place. They've done some adding on since we were there. The pool is really tiny, ok to cool off, but it is nicely landscaped.

After that we discovered that we could get a one bedroom condo, with a separate bedroom, for the same price.

You might look right next door to Blue Tang at Paradise Villas. Several different companies have rental units there. It has a nice pool area.

About a mile south of town, look at Coral Bay Villas (I own a unit there) and, Caribbean Villas. Both have pools, and a nice stretch of beach. Both also have a front desk staff that will be more than happy to help you with tours, or arrange a golf cart or sailing tours.

Caribbean Villas also has a nice little beach bar on site.

I don't find the walk to town long at all. There are restaurants and a bar or two closer to town as well. It's a pleasant walk along the beach during the day, although parts are dark at night, and when it's dark we walk on the street.

Delta, Canada
5 posts
2. Re: Similar to Blue Tang Inn

We tried to book Xanadu in February and it wasn't available for our dates. Coral Bay was the same and we ended up booking the Blue Tang Inn. So far their response and communication just through booking has been spectacular and we're really pleased with the customer service so far. Looking forward to staying there!

Whatever you decide, I'd pick quick or you may not get the place you want for the dates you need.

Edited: 05 September 2011, 20:36
3. Re: Similar to Blue Tang Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2012, 12:17