We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue Reef Island Resort - transportation ?'s

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
2 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Blue Reef Island Resort - transportation ?'s

What are my options to get to this resort from Belize City airport? I know I can take a flight and a rep. from the resort will be there to meet me, but what if I take a water taxi? Will a rep. from the resort meet me at the water taxi terminal? If not, how do I get to the resort once I arrive in San Pedro? Do I continue to take the water taxi all the way to the resort? If so, what kind of costs am I looking at? I've been reading too many forums, etc. and now I'm totally confused and overwhelmed with info.

Also, I read someone's review which said you weren't allowed to swim in the ocean off of this resort. Is this correct?!

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,571 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blue Reef Island Resort - transportation ?'s

The water taxi that comes from Belize City has its dock just a few blocks from the airstrip. If Blue Reef will pick you up at the airstrip, they'll pick you up at the water taxi terminal dock.

If, for some reason, this doesn't work, you would take a different water taxi to Blue Reef. That dock is maybe 1/3 of a mile further north on the beach, maybe closer than that. I'm not sure of the cost. Maybe US$15.00, perhaps less.

I don't know about swimming, I rarely venture that far north. I can't imagine why you couldn't swim. Unless the reviewer was talking about the sea grass, and, that people swim off the pier, not the shore.

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blue Reef Island Resort - transportation ?'s

there is a north ambergris airport?

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,571 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blue Reef Island Resort - transportation ?'s

Huh?

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Blue Reef Island Resort - transportation ?'s

its referenced on the blue reef site

Ambergris Caye
Destination Expert
for San Ignacio, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye
Level Contributor
2,554 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Blue Reef Island Resort - transportation ?'s

There is no north Ambergris Airport. Not heard any talk on that subject in a long while.

Here is water taxi site for the island

http://coastalxpress.com/

Ask the resort re swimming there, hard to imagine any place on the island would have this rule unless it was for safety reasons.

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Blue Reef Island Resort - transportation ?'s

no kidding . really? you dont say. still its on the resorts website so i have to wonder what is going on with the people that run the place.

7. Re: Blue Reef Island Resort - transportation ?'s

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2012, 22:16
Get answers to your questions about Ambergris Caye