We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Belizean Shore Resorts

D C
New York City, New...
3 posts
Save Topic
Belizean Shore Resorts

Has anyone stayed here recently and can you tell me any pros/cons d the hotel?

Xanadu Island Resort
Xanadu Island Resort
#2 of 55 hotels in San Pedro
El Pescador Resort
El Pescador Resort
#5 of 55 hotels in San Pedro
Cayo Espanto
Cayo Espanto
#6 of 55 hotels in San Pedro
Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
16,378 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Belizean Shore Resorts

I've never stayed there, but will offer my opinion anyway.

It's a nice resort. It isn't nearly as upscale as its new neighbor to the south, Coco Beach. They were built and are managed by the same people. For years, Belizean Shores was considered to have the nicest pool on the island. It's still a very nice pool, with a swim up bar. It's just be superseded by some of the newer resorts.

It's located about three miles north of town. That might not sound like much of a distance, but depending on the time of year, your only easy option to town will be a water taxi. If you plan on spending lots of time in town eating/drinking/shopping, you might want to look for a place closer to town.

There are several restaurants close by Belizean Shores, as well as the one on site. Most will be fairly expensive. To find cheap, local fare, you'll need to head to town.

I'm biased towards Belizean Shores, because the exterior of the condos is the same as my condo south of town. Same color scheme, same materials for doors and windows. Built by the same developer.

Mentioned in this post
Coco Beach Resort
Coco Beach Resort
1,492 Reviews
Ambergris Caye, Belize
Belizean Shores Resort
Belizean Shores Resort
952 Reviews
Ambergris Caye, Belize
2. Re: Belizean Shore Resorts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2012, 04:15
Get answers to your questions about Ambergris Caye