We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

North of San Pedro River..

new york
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Topic
North of San Pedro River..

I know people say, "stay on the south part of the island" but has anyone stayed on the north side of the san pedro river? I see there is a bridge that connects it to the town it looks like.

Any comments on that?

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
14,317 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: North of San Pedro River..

Lots of people stay on the north end of Ambergris. It's beautiful, and quiet. If you want to spend a lot of time in town, it can be a hassle getting back and forth if you're very far north. But, many people don't care about going to town.

There are beautiful resorts up there. And private homes. And great restaurants.

What there isn't is a real road. There's a path, that golf carts can use if it isn't too terribly muddy. But, it's a long jarring ride if you're very far north. And it's dark at night.

If you want a more secluded vacation, the north may be just what you're looking for. And, if you get really far north, the reef is right off the beach.

I don't stay north, I like the town. It is busy, though, and can be dusty. Just depends on what you're looking for.

Kansas
Level Contributor
622 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: North of San Pedro River..

We stayed at Bermuda Landing at Tres Cocos just north of the bridge and liked it a lot. Easy to get back and forth to town although you have to pay a toll for crossing the bridge. Bermuda Landing gave us a pass that cut the cost in half.

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
14,317 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: North of San Pedro River..

You only have to pay a toll to cross the bridge if you're in a golf cart or on a bike. Pedestrians are free. Bermuda Landing is certainly close enough to walk to town, at least during the day.

new york
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: North of San Pedro River..

rock chalk>? we are in good company then.

Kansas
Level Contributor
622 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: North of San Pedro River..

Rock Chalk! Jayhawk! Go KU!! Send me a PM and I can give you a lot more info on Ambergris Caye from a Jayhawk perspective.

6. Re: North of San Pedro River..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 November 2009, 05:31
Get answers to your questions about Ambergris Caye
Recent Conversations