We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family jungle reef packages

Cincinnati, Ohio
6 posts
Save Topic
Family jungle reef packages

i would like to travel to Belize at end on March 2012 with my family - husband and two children -- ages 8 and 12. While we usually make our own way, am interested in trying a package where transport, etc. is taken care of. looking to spend 3-4 days in the jungle and 3 days at the beach - preferably at a place good for snorkeling. I have started to do some research and am overwhelmed with the options. Looking to be comfortable and safe, don't have to be "5 star". Any advice?

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
18,666 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family jungle reef packages

Most of the lodges in San Ignacio will do your day trip planning for you and also arrange for your airport transfer to the lodge. That's what we did last summer at duPlooy's Jungle Lodge. If you look up the various lodges on TA, then go to their websites, you will see rates and what they have to offer. It is convenient to pay for everything when you check out, then you only need to remember to bring tip money with you.

Most hotels and resorts on Ambergris Caye will book your flights to and from that caye. While on AC, we stayed at the Phoenix and they booked all of our outings. As I had already researched those, I found they used some of the best guides (as judged by other people on TA).

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,753 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family jungle reef packages

I wouldn't think you'd need to look for a package since all the hotels have to do to get you a shuttle is make one quick call. And the tours are easily bookable the day before. Check out the Best of Cayo site at http://www.bestofcayo.com for a list of great restaurants in the area - we have quite a few - and ideas for tours.

I'd google 'san ignacio jungle lodge' for a list of non 5 star places that will give you the jungle feeling. DuPlooy's is usually around the top, and they are nice, and have the Belize Botanic Gardens on site. Bullet Tree Falls is great, but I'm biased, and it's only 3 miles from town, yet you feel like it's a lot farther. If you'd like the best, then Chaa Creek wins hands down. http://www.chaacreek.com Incredible place.

Have a great time!

3. Re: Family jungle reef packages

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 17:16