We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour Rates

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Tour Rates

I've been researching tour prices from various lodges and have seen that they will list one value for 1-4 persons and then a separate entrance fee. For example: $110 1-4 persons, $10 entrance fee. Does this mean that the cost of the tour is divided among 4 people (if 4 people go) and then the $10 entrance fee is per person for a total of $37.50 per person? I would have assummed it was just per person since that's what I'm used to, but some activities have a pretty high price tag if that's the case.

Moab, Utah
Level Contributor
171 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour Rates

Many of the places you will tour in Belize are national parks with entrance fees. Many tour companies do not want to pay that out of pocket expense, so they do not include it, so you pay the per person fee at the gate. The cost per tour is because gas would be the same for 1-4, use of vehicle is the same for 1-4, the guide is the same for 1-4, only the lunch, if included, would vary. Some tours might seems expensive but gas is about $5 US/gallon and vehicles are extremely expensive. Everyone in Belize is savvy about what others are charging, so without knowing what tours you are talking about, I would guess that they are competitively priced.

Lucy

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour Rates

Ok, that all sounds logical. I just wanted to make sure my way of thinking was correct and that it wasn't $120 per person for the particular tour I used as an example (Xunantunich I believe is the one I chose). Thank you!

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,753 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tour Rates

That price sounds about right for a guided tour to Xuanantunich, which is one of my favourite ruins.

Have a great time climbing El Castillo!

4. Re: Tour Rates

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 21:17