We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ski season i Aspen

dorset
1 post
Ski season i Aspen

Hello I am looking to do a ski season in aspen. I was just wondering if anyone had any recommendations of companies to get work through/ accommodation/visa's etc, any advise anyone could give would be very much appreciated!

Thank you

Han

Vail, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Vail
Level Contributor
1,534 posts
30 reviews
1. Re: Ski season i Aspen

Aspen Skiing Company runs the mountains, here's a link to their employment page: aspensnowmass.com/companyinfo/…

You could also check with the hotels in the area, a list of which can be found on the left side of the page.

Season is coming quickly, I would advise you to act in the same manner.

2. Re: Ski season i Aspen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 November 2011, 21:41
Vail, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Vail
Level Contributor
1,534 posts
30 reviews
3. Re: Ski season i Aspen

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I wasn't suggesting you stay in a hotel I was suggesting you use the hotel list as a reference for other companies to apply to for work.

Aspen, CO
Level Contributor
980 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: Ski season i Aspen

Go through the Ski Co's website as all applications for foreign employees are handled by an intermediary company that weeds through applicants and sends them on for second/third rounds and then handles the visas for those hired.

These are for the J-1 visa which is typically students abroad for season or year. If you don't fall into this visa category then it would be an H2B visa which are far harder to obtain. In fact, I can't recall these being issued other than a handful of people I know as they are very costly for the employer and require a great deal of proof that there are no American candidates to fill the position.

Very few of the smaller hotels have the means to hire visa employees. The two owned by the Aspen Skiing Company would be covered by the above advice, and the other large company would be St. Regis affiliated with Starwood Hotels.

There are far more specifics than I have the knowledge to get into, so talking to human resources at ASC is the better way to go.

5. Re: Ski season i Aspen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 04:16