We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shoulder Season - Early Nov

Chicago
14 posts
Shoulder Season - Early Nov

As luck would have it, my wife and I will be in the area Nov 2-4 for the first time. Was looking forward to taking a scenic lift/gondola ride and enjoying the mountain. Looks like none of them in region will be operating at that time. We are about 2-3 weeks early for winter and too late for summer. Any hope they would extend the weekend schedule at any of them if weather permits? Or is there another option I am missing?

6 replies to this topic
Colorado
Level Contributor
2,532 posts
142 reviews
1. Re: Shoulder Season - Early Nov

Normally I would suggest considering the mountain tram at Glenwood Adventure Park which normally run year round but it is closing at Halloween for replacement.

Is there anything else that you like to do besides ride gondolas to the top of mountains?

Chicago
14 posts
2. Re: Shoulder Season - Early Nov

Haha. No big deal on the gondola. Probably do some short hike weather permitting. Maybe a hot spring. Open to suggestions especially since my wife has never been to CO or even seen REAL mountains before

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
11,454 posts
178 reviews
3. Re: Shoulder Season - Early Nov

On another post you said you have two days after you finish your other commitment. Where will you be? Are you flying in? If so, what time do you depart? Those factors will influence your decision on where to spend your two days.

Just fyi, it probably would have saved some duplication of effort if you had made one post on the general Colorado forum and asked for suggestions. Those who generally post here try to keep up with most of the posts, unlike some boards where people only look at their own town.

Edited: 13 September 2018, 04:41
Chicago
14 posts
4. Re: Shoulder Season - Early Nov

Sorry about the multiple posts. We will be at an event in Blackhawk prior. We can fly out of anywhere on Sunday. We are flexible still on our return. More options out of Denver, but doesn't really matter. Thanks

Windsor, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park
Level Contributor
12,954 posts
136 reviews
5. Re: Shoulder Season - Early Nov

To keep up with your multiple posts, click on your screen name. I believe you may have missed reply #3 from Babalax on your topic linked below. If you are going to be in Black Hawk, the answer Babalax posted would be a very close chairlift ride option.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g33501…

Chicago
14 posts
6. Re: Shoulder Season - Early Nov

Thanks!

Reply to: Shoulder Season - Early Nov
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted