We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Denver in September

Atlanta, Georgia
4 posts
Save Topic
Trip to Denver in September

Hi Everyone,

I am reaching Denver on Friday night and have my return flight on Monday evening. Need suggestion on what all places shall i cover and where shall i book my accommodation.

Thanks!!!

Mentioned in this post
Denver
Denver
Colorado
3 replies to this topic
Colorado
Level Contributor
12,685 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to Denver in September

You posted in the Aspen forum. Are you planning to visit Aspen or Denver or...?

Mentioned in this post
Aspen
Aspen
Colorado
Denver
Denver
Colorado
Atlanta, Georgia
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to Denver in September

oops..mistakenly i posted here, but i do intend to visit aspen as part of my trip

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
20,410 posts
449 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip to Denver in September

Welcome to the forum. That's not a lot of time to do a trip from Denver to Aspen and back. If that is your intention here's what I would recommend.

Friday evening - Arrive Denver; drive to west side of Denver, area around Golden; find hotel along I-70 or US6 in Lakewood. This will put you into a good position for drive in the morning.

Saturday - Drive west on I-70 to Copper Mountain; take SR91 south to Leadville then US82 into Aspen over Independence Pass. This will be a four hour drive plus your stops.

Sunday - Enjoy Aspen

Monday - Do the reverse route back to Denver. Allow five to six hours so leave in the morning.

My recommendation is to stay right in Aspen. Little Nell, St. Regis and Jerome are top hotels. Limelight is also excellent option. There are many others but those are some of our favorites.

This plan will give you one full day in Aspen. You'll find plenty to do to fill the day.

Have fun.

Mentioned in this post
Denver
Denver
Colorado
Aspen
Aspen
Colorado
Lakewood
Lakewood
Colorado
Copper Mountain