We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

casual dress

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
110 reviews
Save Topic
casual dress

Hi Aspen, I'm a shorts and aloha shirts retiree, I like fine dining and nice bars. arriving in Sept. 6th. are there places I will be turned away from at night. Steak houses etc. or is there a dress code for town. Levi's are the best I can do.

Thank you.

SDRG

Mentioned in this post
Aspen
Aspen
Colorado
The White House Tavern
€€ - €€€, American, Bar
Pyramid Bistro
€€ - €€€, American, International
French Alpine Bistro - Creperie du Village
€€ - €€€, Austrian, Swiss, French
Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
20,405 posts
449 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: casual dress

I suspect you'll be fine. This is a resort town. Unless you're really outrageous, I can't imagine you will have an issue anywhere.

Have fun.

Centerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
13,511 posts
3,232 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: casual dress

Always enjoy the great advice of TW; a very knowledgeable DE.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
65,379 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: casual dress

I'll be doning some of my western duds when I get there in October. Jeans, boots, western shirt and a vest, and maybe a western hat. After shorts and golf shirts all summer in AZ, it will be fun to get 'dressed up' again.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
20,405 posts
449 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: casual dress

You know, that's the really cool thing about western resort towns - be it Park City, Aspen, Sun Valley, Vail. You can wear a Hawaiian shirt and shorts, tuxedo, cowboy garb or pretty much anything and you feel at home.

Mentioned in this post
Park City
Park City
Wasatch Range, UT
Vail
Vail
Colorado
San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: casual dress

when I retired I took 20 suits to the goodwill, My Aloha shirts are custom made, from a wed site. and I own a pair of levis.. So. Cal. Beach all my life. But I'm good with a dress code, Just have to change my schedule. Best Steak House in Whistler, Can. Shorts. I like the idea of dress to feel good.

Mentioned in this post
Whistler
Whistler
British Columbia, Canada
Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
65,379 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: casual dress

You'll be fine. Think 'resort casual' with a twist of cowboy

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Steamboat Springs
Level Contributor
560 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: casual dress

You can get away with jeans and a button down shirt anywhere in Colorado for any event. And I've worn way worse after hiking, camping or skiing into Aspen dining establishments.

Mentioned in this post
Colorado
Colorado
United States
Aspen
Aspen
Colorado
Centerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
13,511 posts
3,232 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: casual dress

We like Not packing a suit or Sports coat in our CO visits, and we have been so many times.

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
11,290 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: casual dress

We're retired, too, and while I like to get spiffed up once in a while, DH's idea of dressing up is unfaded jeans and a shirt with a collar. His money usually spends just as well as anyone else's. People get dressed up if they want to, but there aren't too many places where it is necessary or mandatory. And visitors flying in don't have room in their luggage for suits when they want to bring their hiking boots and a fleece jacket.

Edited: 12 August 2017, 17:01
10. Re: casual dress

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2018, 05:16